Your SMA not at work:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your SMA not at work:

After I put the call into B&S and called me back the next day, they worked on it for 2 days. And this is thier reply by email no less:

Good afternoon Paul,

I checked the part program you sent and couldn’t see any reason for the vectors to be changing in the scans.

I’m still searching the PC-DMIS Wilcox problem report database for any similar problems.

Best regards,

Ed

So a day goes by and I send them this:

Ed,

What do you think of a re-install?

Paul.

The next day I get this:

Good morning Paul,

It’s worth trying.

I checked through the problem report database and didn’t see any similar problems.

Best regards,

Ed

So another day goes by without hearing a word so I sent this:

Good morning Ed,

Thanks Ed for your support. I will install and see what happens. Management wants to know what else B&S is doing about this. They said they spent ¼ ,million dollars on a cmm that does not work. 90% off all the work I do is scanning. And after I re-install how will I know if it stops compensating for the probe again?

Thanks again,
    Paul

Its been another day and I still have not heard a word or gotten a email. This ya'all is our good SMA money at work!

So what do you think I should do next?
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
    After I put the call into B&S and called me back the next day, they worked on it for 2 days. And this is thier reply by email no less:

Good afternoon Paul,

I checked the part program you sent and couldn’t see any reason for the vectors to be changing in the scans.

I’m still searching the PC-DMIS Wilcox problem report database for any similar problems.

Best regards,

Ed

Ed,

Paul.

The next day I get this:

Good morning Paul,

It’s worth trying.

I checked through the problem report database and didn’t see any similar problems.

Best regards,

Ed

Good morning Ed,

Thanks Ed for your support. I will install and see what happens. Management wants to know what else B&S is doing about this. They said they spent ¼ ,million dollars on a cmm that does not work. 90% off all the work I do is scanning. And after I re-install how will I know if it stops compensating for the probe again?

Thanks again,
    Paul

Its been another day and I still have not heard a word or gotten a email. This ya'all is our good SMA money at work!

Man, you're gonna get a 'time-out' from the powers that be, man.
    They are going to make you sit in a corner with your nose touching the wall.
    You should know better than to expose their ineptitude.
    Been nice knowing, ya man. Let me know when you get back on with an assumed name (maybe Misses Paul(a)'s fish filet would be a good one?).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I would not stand for it, but thats just me. I have a manifesto.....Good Luck

http://www.wdydwyd.com/sitepics/SEA1.JPG
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...u/dynomite.jpg
        sigpic
        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Good afternoon Paul,

Best regards,

Ed

Ed,

Paul.

The next day I get this:

Good morning Paul,

It’s worth trying.

Best regards,

Ed

Good morning Ed,

Thanks again,
          Paul

This was a good pick on what to do next, keep it near the top and you might get a call back from them
          sigpic

B&S Global 544
          Using 3.7mr3

Peace
          Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Buy a Zeiss?
            RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
              Buy a Zeiss?
              If you buy a Zeiss make sure you get the RDS or Renishaw head with an SP25. I like the scanning ability of our Zeiss but do not like to Vast XXT fixed head.
              Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
              Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
                If you buy a Zeiss make sure you get the RDS or Renishaw head with an SP25. I like the scanning ability of our Zeiss but do not like to Vast XXT fixed head.

I have the Tesa Probe with a SP25 Scanning Head.; The Tesa is made by B&S and it all seems to work great. It moves in increments of 5 degrees instead of the usual 7.5 degree. It is great on its flexibility.

Comment

Can you give some details about the bug? I want to know more.
                  Mr. Comment
                  SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                  B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                    Can you give some details about the bug? I want to know more.

Read my other post about flipping vectors during scan. PCDmis has stopped compensating for the probe.

Comment

Read my other post about flipping vectors during scan. PCDmis has stopped compensating for the probe.
                      Just to throw some fuel on the fire....
                      You didn't tell it in the scan window to NOT comp for the probe, did you? There is a box to toggle the comp on and off in that window. And, since Pcdmis (annoyingly) will keep 'old' data in all those windows, it might carry through from something else.
                      sigpic
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                        Just to throw some fuel on the fire....
                        You didn't tell it in the scan window to NOT comp for the probe, did you? There is a box to toggle the comp on and off in that window. And, since Pcdmis (annoyingly) will keep 'old' data in all those windows, it might carry through from something else.
                        Oh, and another thing, Pcdmis 'by default' starts new program with the probe comp turned ON. However, it does NOT put that code into the program. So, the first thing I ALWAYS DO when starting a new program is to put in the PROBECOM/ON command line, so I KNOW that it is turned on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Paul if your not happy with hexagon support ,talk to your local salesman. They seem to be pretty good at getting results. Worked for me, helll they offered to send someone in for free 1 on 1 training with scanning.Because of our scanning related issues! WELL IF U WANT TO CALL IT FREE sma$$$$
                          sigpic

Comment

Matt, you're quoting yourself. Get a life.
                            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                              Matt, you're quoting yourself. Get a life.
                              He's starting to get annoying like me.

Comment