Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head?

Got ya lookin eh!?

We are gonna get a machine from another facility (Mitutoya) but I can't tell what kind of head it has (I wanna know if it's a DCC machine).

Ideas?
    Last edited by Sl33stak; 11-01-2006, 10:39 AM.
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

Don't know if it's a DCC machine or not but the head is a MIP type, you can calibrate different attitudes and recall them in your programs but the head is manually indexed by the operator.

TK
    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

That looks alot like the MIP 8 that is on the old dust collector manual machine out back here. It's not exactly like it but really really close.

Comment

That blows. I have two DCC machines w/ PH10T's, I was hoping for a third. Hmmmmm, now to convince the boss to upgrade.
        CMM Programmer
        Jackson Michigan
        Mistral 7.7.5
        4.3MR2

Comment

yer not in Iowa are ya Bill?
          CMM Programmer
          Jackson Michigan
          Mistral 7.7.5
          4.3MR2

Comment

If my memory serves me correct. No. that is manual head. its a ph8 I believe or something smaller. I have worked with little mitutoyo machines and thats the head it had on it.
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

That kinda looks like an old head that we don't use any more. If so, that's a manual head(MIP manual indexable probehead) and a TP2 5way. My question would be how many DCC machines have manual heads?
              28 Years, 8 Months, 0 weeks and 1 Days until retirement...

Comment

We have a manual head on our DCC machine. Here's what your gonna love - 15 degree increments (A & B)!

Comment

We have a DCC machine with a MIP/MH8 & TP20 it is dedicated and spends most of its time in A0B0, although I did an FAI with several indexes today. Works fine. But it is 7.5º increments. 15º incriments ouch!
                  <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment