Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual dmis to pc-dmis

Good morning all,

We have a rather large library of Virtual DMIS programs (100+). Can we run Virtual DMIS programs through PC-DMIS?? We are thinking about converting our current software to PC-DMIS. We have 2 Mitutoyo's runnign Geomeasure and one Mitutoyo retrofited to run Virtual DMIS (UCC1 controler).

Thank you,

My guess is your screwed!
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Comment

Ok maybe that was a bit harsh.

What I meant to say is. I've never imported a DMIS program before, but PCDMIS does allow importing of some Generic DMIS files. However from my experience with PCDMIS though I would probably just recommend reprogramming them all anyway, since even going from one version to another can sometimes lead to problems.
      Mr. Comment
      SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
      B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
      PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
      sigpic

Comment

AS FAR AS I KNOW, Virtual DMIS is strictly DMIS, no added bells and whistles like Pcdmis has. Exporting DMIS from Pcdmis is not so hot since the extra bells and whistles don't export, just strictly DMIS code. However, if V-Dmis IS strictly DMIS code, then it's export should import into Pcdmis fine.

HOWEVER, I have never used V-Dmis, only heard about it (here and else where). I would be suspect (even if proven otherwise) that tweaks and adjustments would need to be made to what you import into Pcdmis.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Before you do anyting, I would expect whoever is peddling the pcdmis to do a "proof" of the import for you if it is important. Dont forget, unless you get the full blown pcdmis, DMIS import is extra.
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

could we possibly run Geomeasure and PC-DMIS on the same machine? We have a library of over 1,000 programs in Geomeasure. I am going to contact the local dealer today to see if they can run a test on our virtual dmis programs

Comment

You will more than likely need a new computer for the PCDMIS, so you may need to get an updated driver for the card and new version of the geomeasure to run on XP. I'll check wtih a friend of mine regading the geomeasure vs windows part.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                Before you do anyting, I would expect whoever is peddling the pcdmis to do a "proof" of the import for you if it is important. Dont forget, unless you get the full blown pcdmis, DMIS import is extra.
                Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                You will more than likely need a new computer for the PCDMIS, so you may need to get an updated driver for the card and new version of the geomeasure to run on XP. I'll check wtih a friend of mine regading the geomeasure vs windows part.
                What he said...
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  AS FAR AS I KNOW, Virtual DMIS is strictly DMIS, no added bells and whistles like Pcdmis has. .................. However, if V-Dmis IS strictly DMIS code, then it's export should import into Pcdmis fine.

They say VDMIS was "developed" with DMIS as a "foundation". I have also heard that VDMIS is "pure" or "native" DMIS. It is true that most of the programming is to the standard, but, there are also a lot of what they call "non dmis commands". I suspect that these might cause problems. I have never had to convert VDMIS to any thing else, but I wouldn't be afraid to try.

ps I think that PrecisionMeas over on cmmtalk has used both.
                  Last edited by Crash Not; 09-26-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TREVOR CLAFFEY View Post
                    could we possibly run Geomeasure and PC-DMIS on the same machine? We have a library of over 1,000 programs in Geomeasure. I am going to contact the local dealer today to see if they can run a test on our virtual dmis programs
                    According to what I have found, you will need at least v2.1 of Geomeaure to run on XP. It may require a reboot between changing software, possibly due to the driver for the comm card.

Comment

I work in Virtual dmis now and expect / hope to have a new CMM in for a X-mass present.
                      I have been told that some to very little will make its way over to pcdmis. This was because I will be Scanning and have a Leitz head not a PH10. There will be an extreme difference. If you also look at the pcdmis code you will see that there is a big difference from what we work with. We expect to reprogram all of our programs it sucks but we are taking a big step up.

AL
                      sigpic Now I see it from your prospective.

Comment

Is this relevant?

Originally posted by TREVOR CLAFFEY View Post
                        We have three Sheffields that have MeasureMax (6.53) and PCDMIS (4.2) loaded on the same pc's. Two of the Sheffields have the ACR1 electronic probe rack.

Since MMX and PCDMIS do not use the same probe files, there is a "Black Box" the programmer/operator must manually toggle to switch the rack signal between the two softwares. When going from MMX to PCDMIS, the MP must be shut down, restarted, and then PCMIS is started. The machine goes to home position when PCDMIS loads. When going back to MMX, nothing needs to be done. The two WILL NOT run at the same time (at least, I don't think they will).

No apparent issues have appeared to indicate there are any problems with this arrangement. We are planning to eventually re-write our current part MMX programs in PCDMIS. I need to learn how to program offline - soon
                        sigpic

Comment