Psycho Robotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psycho Robotics

Need your help, guys! My CMM's on crack.
    I'm using a TP20 5X30 tip. I just added the angles A90B0, and A90B180.
    A0B0 calibrates fine. When it goes to check A90B0, the last touch it takes (parallel to the probe vector), it does this retarded robot thing where it loses its machine start status and repeats the last hit like 5 or 6 times. Then the execution mode window says "TR_SOF01_Probe Head deflected ! when moving relative by X=0 Y=0 Z=1.2415" Then I redo the machine start and move it, but I can't move it towards me. But when I hit continue in the status window, then I can move it.
    Sometimes it even says:
    "TR_OUTOL, Machine Parameter out of tolerance ! when moving relativeby X=0 Y=0 Z=1.2415"

What demon possessed my CMM now? Does anyone know?
    I feel a lot better now that I've lost my mind.

Global Activ
    PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

You may have a module going bad or one of too low force. Which module are you using?
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
      You may have a module going bad or one of too low force. Which module are you using?
      Standard force

Global Activ
      PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment

5x30 I'd try the medium force one.

Comment

Originally posted by operator1 View Post
          Need your help, guys! My CMM's on crack.
          I'm using a TP20 5X30 tip. I just added the angles A90B0, and A90B180.
          A0B0 calibrates fine. When it goes to check A90B0, the last touch it takes (parallel to the probe vector), it does this retarded robot thing where it loses its machine start status and repeats the last hit like 5 or 6 times. Then the execution mode window says "TR_SOF01_Probe Head deflected ! when moving relative by X=0 Y=0 Z=1.2415" Then I redo the machine start and move it, but I can't move it towards me. But when I hit continue in the status window, then I can move it.
          Sometimes it even says:
          "TR_OUTOL, Machine Parameter out of tolerance ! when moving relativeby X=0 Y=0 Z=1.2415"

What demon possessed my CMM now? Does anyone know?
          Sounds like the TP20, you may have to manually adjust the tenion screw. Is the plastic cap gone? Is it leaking oil? You may even have to slow down the machine speed.
          sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

But how do I change it? Change the part just above the stylus? I don't think we have one of those....how much do they cost?

Global Activ
            PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
              Sounds like the TP20, you may have to manually adjust the tenion screw. Is the plastic cap gone? Is it leaking oil? You may even have to slow down the machine speed.
              Where's the tension screw? If you're talking about it leaking oil on the sliding head of the CMM itself, yes. It's leaking something....Plastic cap?

Global Activ
              PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment

You could also try slowing down the move a little bit.
                Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by operator1 View Post
                  But how do I change it? Change the part just above the stylus? I don't think we have one of those....how much do they cost?
                  Do you have a probe with magnetic modules? If yes swap the module there is no adjustment. Is there no removeable module then there is a small hex screw in the tp20 you can acess from the threaded end of the tp20.

Comment

I use the TP20 they do not have adjustment the tp2 has the screw Use the med force like said
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      Do you have a probe with magnetic modules? If yes swap the module there is no adjustment. Is there no removeable module then there is a small hex screw in the tp20 you can acess from the threaded end of the tp20.
                      Its a allen wrench and it will fit in the treaded end, Just turn it a few degrees at a time.

What do you mean moving head?
                      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

5X30 - I would think you could get the standard force module to work if you slow down the movement - do it in the program and the calibration window not with the jogbox.

A new module is something like $960.00

Comment

I'm trying to calibrate the new angles I added to the probe build...move speed 20, touch speed 5, jogbox speed 4...it checks around the cal sphere fine...it messes up at the last hit for that angle.

When I say moving head, I mean the part t of the CMM that moves the tip in the Z-axis directions.

We've had a problem with the 5X30 before, where it would error out as soon as it hit A90B180 to check a hole. I thought the tip was too heavy for the TP20. Maybe we do need medium force?

Global Activ
                          PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            5X30 - I would think you could get the standard force module to work if you slow down the movement - do it in the program and the calibration window not with the jogbox.

A new module is something like $960.00
                            ...yeah that price doesn't look too pretty...

Global Activ
                            PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment

You haven't had a SERIOUS CRASH lately, have you? If so, please give details & upload pictures...
                              sigpic
                              Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                              PCDMIS 2012
                              Windows Office XP

Comment