Illegal PC-DMIS Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal PC-DMIS Offered

Some forum users have brought it to our attention that someone from China has been emailing them offering them "no portlock" versions of PC-DMIS 4.0. Needless to say, this communication did not come from Hexagon, such a copy would be in violation of copyright (in effect, stolen), and the person who sent the messages has had their user account banned.
    We have disabled the ability to send emails between forum users for the time being while we investigate further. The private message feature continues to be functional, however.
    Thanks,
    Admin
    Last edited by Admin; 05-10-2006, 09:59 AM.

Thanks!! I did not like that fact that someone like that had my work email and was sending me ads concerning ****** software. Would not look good to my boss!
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Clarification to Underspec's comment

As clarification to Underspec's comment above, the person in question never did have anyone's email address. The "email a member" feature of the forum allowed messages to be sent member to member via the forum without revealing the recipient's email address. As stated, we've disabled this feature, although private messaging (messaging within the forum context, not to your email accounts) remains functional.

Again, thanks to those who reported this abuse to the Admin. A self-regulating forum is the best kind. If any others notice or would like to report abuse of this forum, please send a private message to the Admin.

Have a great day!
      Admin

Comment

This person has been doing this for quite some time. He goes away but eventually comes back.

Comment

I got the same e-mail about a month ago.

Comment