3.7 MR3 users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7 MR3 users

Did anyone who is using 3.7 MR3 get a disc from Wilcox to download it? We just got our SMA renewed and I want to install MR3 (from 3.7 MR1). They mailed me 4.0, but I'm not down with that yet. I called Cust. Service to request the disc, and they told me there was no such thing as MR3. It went straight from 3.7 MR2 to 4.0. I told her they shouldn't have it available for download on their site if it didn't exist, which resulted in some sputtering and a curt, "well then you'll just have to download it from the website - we have never had any discs." I've downloaded it to a CD, but I'm having trouble loading it over 3.7 MR1. Any help or instruction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -J.

pc-dmis has enough trouble

Well, I would not load it on top of mr1. I would give it a fresh install in a seperate directory. I am running MR3 that I downloaded from the site. I delete 3.7MR2 after I had MR3 up and running. I still have 3.2063 & 3.5 MR2 is seperate directories. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

I never deal with B&S or Wilcox any more than I have to. Their service is the worst in the world next of course to the lack of service you get when you can't get a hold of a "person" (use that term loosely here) to field your problem. I go straight to their site and download as they never send me squat in the way of discs. You'd think the thousands of $s for SMAs would get you more but once they take the PO to the bank they are done with you. Once upon a time all of my support came from the guys that sold us the machines and they are top notch in every regard. But once B&S saw how much money people like that were making from service/support and calibration they stripped them of that duty and took it over themselves. Only problem is they charge more and provide less and it takes longer to get it. I don't deal with Wilcox much but I am sure they have adopted the same god-like Brown and Sharpe mentality.
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

The SMA's only afford us the luxury of getting a cd mailed on the GLOBAL RELEASES such as 4.0. They don't include auto mailings of the maintenance releases. Those we have to go to the website for.
        sigpicDF

The "NEW AND IMPROVED" Golden Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by dfiola66
          The SMA's only afford us the luxury of getting a cd mailed on the GLOBAL RELEASES such as 4.0. They don't include auto mailings of the maintenance releases. Those we have to go to the website for.
          Oh yeah, then where the he** is my 4.0 then? They don't send me squat. I am happy that way because quite frankly mailings of anything from them simply remind me of their existence.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny
            Oh yeah, then where the he** is my 4.0 then? They don't send me squat. I am happy that way because quite frankly mailings of anything from them simply remind me of their existence.
            It's in the mail.
            sigpicDF

The "NEW AND IMPROVED" Golden Rule!

Comment

It's in the mail.
              I wish I could say the same about the check for the SMA! "Yeah sure wink, wink, it's in the mail, click..................."

Maybe I'm a little too bitter. Over all good software. Service wise they are the pits, definately not getting my money's worth in that arena. Not even close.

Comment

the best service. . .

They do maintain this board for the express purpose of support. Sure it does not cost them diddly squat in comparision to SMA prices to let those of us willing and able to help each other out, but at least they do it.

Comment

NO, they do NOT maintain this board for support (by them), they told us that before, and that they 'may' look in from time to time to see if they can help. It is only here for US users to support OTHER users and the other board has been around MUCH longer and served that purpose quite well. I think they put this one up to cover up the fact that tech support is not what it should be and to cover their own shame in that someone ELSE did it for US before THEY did it.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Easy Matt

I said, ". . .to let those of us willing and able help each other. . .". I did not say they, (B&S/Wilcox/Hexagon/those sucking up the SMA $) would answer posts to this board.

Comment

I did get a disc for MR1. To get a disc, maybe they have to draw your name out of a hat or something. Like a sweepstakes (or a crapshoot).

Comment