Stat Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Help

Once in a while we have fixtures that check two different parts, but share the same alignment. In the past we've written two seperate programs, with the same alignment in each program, but I want to merge the two programs. EX: Hood inner and Hood Assembly

I want to send the stats for the two different programs to the same dabase, but different parts in DataPage. EX: The carline is the same for both, so they'll both go into the database in the same folder in DataPage (C:/DataPage). I want one to go into the 8C54-16854-A and the other into the 8C54-16612-A part.

When I assign a variable for the edit window name, it doesn't seem to work right. EX:
    PART NAME : V1
    REV NUMBER :
    SER NUMBER :

What's the easiest way to do this?
    "Your mom goes to college."
    Kip

I would use a seperate program for the alignment, and a seperate program for each check routine. This makes it so you align once and then can use either program to check, depending on what you need to check. This will solve the issue with the stat file (seperate programs for each type of check) and it will also eliminate the need to align the dang thing twice.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I personally wouldn't mind doing that, but the intent is to make it easy to use without running several programs for the end user.

Also, I'd like to try and keep the programs consistent, since the fixtures that check one part has the alignment inside the part program.

I've already merged all of my bas files into one, using different functions, so now there's only one file to maintain.

I'd like to continue to condense things even more if possible.
      Kip

Comment

Well, you COULD do it with IF/GOTO thingies, but it IS going to send the data all to one 'part file' in the database, but I don't know if you can 'change' the part name with a variable and get the data to go to a differnt part in datapage. HOWEVER, you CAN sort the data using a TRACEFIELD in the program. The tracefield can really have any name, lets call it SORT, but the VALUE for it could be INNER or ASSEMBLY. Then, in Datapage, you set up a 2 query's called whatever you want to call them, lets say INNER and ASSEMBLY and you then 'assign' them values of a tracefield. So, query INNER will be = to tracfield SORT 'INNER' and query ASSEMBLY will be = to tracefield SORT 'ASSEMBLY'. Then, by selecting the proper query, you will ONLY see data for that 'sub-set' of the data in the database part.

The actual directions may not be right, but it is along those lines. I have done this many times for sorting data by front of die and rear of die for 2-out dies. Works like a dream. Then, you could use IF/GOTO or COMMENT/INPUT to jump around in the program to check what you want to check and the tracefield will keep it 'sorted' in Datapage, but it will STILL be under the same part name.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

That should work nicely Matt, thanks.

I've already got the program to run properly with IF/GOTO stuff, and there are tracefields in the program.

I never thought about doing a little extra work at the back end. For some reason I was concentrating on what I could do too much. Doing a query shouldn't be that big a deal.

Right now I'm using v3.5 MR2. Does anyone know if having the same point name twice in the program throws a monkey wrench in the later versions of PC-DMIS? I know it isn't suggested to do so now, but everything seems to work fine.
          Kip

Comment

I have yet to see a feature ID cause a problem, dimension ID's DO. You can type in a feature ID that matches one already in the program and it does not SEEM to ahve a problem with it, it will NOT let you do that with a dimension ID. Of course, I have not tried a multi-part program with identical feature ID's and sending sorted data to Datapage, so I do not know for sure. In fact, I doubt ANYONE (besides YOU! ) would even think of doing this, so you can test it out for us all. Should be quite simple to see if it is a problem, after you do the alignment, either makr everything BUT the alignment and do a show path, save and then re-open. Every check point SHOULD be back to perfect (you will have to re-type the feature ID for the first dimension in V3.7MR3 at least to get it to update the dims). Then you can run one part and look at the data in Datapage. If it is NOT all a bunch of ZERO deviations, then you should have the correct data for what you checked.
            sigpic

Comment

Mr. Farr,

I have 1 program that runs 2 different parts. I use a vb script to send the stats to 2 different locations inside datapage. I don't know if this is what you are trying to do but here is the code I use. You will also need the "setname.bas". I tried to attach it but could get it to stay attach. If this looks like what you are wanting let me know and I will email you the file. Your file names will go where I have "open & Plate". I also set up a "Script" directory where the setname.bas file is stored.

STATS/ON,DATAPAGE,$
              DIRECTORY=C:\DATAPAGE\PARTS,$
              DIRECTORY=,$
              READ=10,WRITE=20,MEMPAGES=4,FEATURE NAME,CONTROLCALC OFF,$
              STATS/END
              COMMENT/DOC, *********************************
              SCRIPT =COMMENT/INPUT,DO YOU WANT DATA FOR
              ,OPEN or PLATE?
              ,1) PLATE
              ,2) OPEN
              IF_GOTO/SCRIPT.INPUT==2,GOTO = OPEN
              IF_GOTO/(SCRIPT.INPUT<1)OR(SCRIPT.INPUT>2),GOTO = SCRIPT