Report Formatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Formatting

Does anyone know how to save a CMM report as a .txt file rather then a .rtf?
    Is there a setting that changes the format when it is created.

Originally posted by GarDeso View Post
    Does anyone know how to save a CMM report as a .txt file rather then a .rtf?
    Is there a setting that changes the format when it is created.
    NOPE, you get RTF or PDF, sorry.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

In the past is output to RTF then open the file and resave it a TXT format.
      Out of all the things I've lost.... I miss my mind the most!

Comment

We are trying to get the CMM report to interact with our SPC software and its turning into a nightmare. This software can't use .RTF or .TMP. They are asking for a .TXT.

Comment

I know we can save it after creating as a .txt but its not seamless.

Comment

We are trying to get the CMM report to interact with our SPC software and its turning into a nightmare. This software can't use .RTF or .TMP. They are asking for a .TXT.
            Have you tied the GENERC SPC output that Pcdmis is capable of?

INSERT
            STATISTICS COMMAND
            STATISTICS

You have several options at that pointrobably will have to use the SPC Database option.
            sigpic
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

yes, they are telling me that can't use that format. the .tmp

Comment

Isn't the .tmp just a .txt file with a different extension?? Have you tried to change .tmp to .txt?
                Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

the TMP format is for Datapage.
                  the SPC Database option is for the Microsoft database

the DES file IS a TXT file, all you would have to do is change the extension to TXT and it opens same as before changing the name. Each time you save the stats, it makes a new file.

Why don't you tell us which SPC package you are trying to use, I would almost BET that someone else is using it.
                  sigpic

Comment

we are using mitutoyo measurelink. anyone have any experience with it?

Comment

I know we can save it after creating as a .txt but its not seamless.
                      What do you mean by "not seamless"? Do you lose data going from rtf to txt or is it in a format you don't like after converting? Or is it just the extra step of saving the .rtf as a .txt that you don't like?

If the extra step is the problem, you could insert a print command to save it as an .rtf file and then follow the print command with a script that automates MS Word (or WordPad or something) to open up the saved report, save it as a text and close it. Not sure how to do this off the top of my head, but just a thought.
                      Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                      [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

i'm hoping someone else is using mitutoyo measurelink and has the experience with it interacting with PCDMIS.

Comment

I have 2.5MR2, can the later versions still output a *.DMO file? Thats text, but good luck getting something to parse that..
                          David Monroe
                          Is there any way to stop the infernal beeping!?

3.5 MR2
                          Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

Hope that File I/O Command can help you! Just learn about it and you will know how to use it export the txt file. But it should be an inconvenient work! Try it, and hope it will work!
                            The content mind is the greatest happiness a man can enjoy in the world.......

SHEFFIELD CMM
                            PCDMIS V3.7/V4.1/V4.2........

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                              What do you mean by "not seamless"? Do you lose data going from rtf to txt or is it in a format you don't like after converting? Or is it just the extra step of saving the .rtf as a .txt that you don't like?

If the extra step is the problem, you could insert a print command to save it as an .rtf file and then follow the print command with a script that automates MS Word (or WordPad or something) to open up the saved report, save it as a text and close it. Not sure how to do this off the top of my head, but just a thought.

We are trying to get the CMM to talk to Mitutoyo Measurelink SPC in real time. In other words you run the measurement routine and the exported report is read by the SPC software. We want to limit operator interaction (ie changing the file extension and resaving). They are telling me a .txt would do it but now I have to get PCDMIS to output the format.

Comment