Delete Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete Crash

I have ran into a crash sitiuation similiar to the CAD crash in V3.2061.

I have created a scan then converted the scan "to points". When I go in and delete some of the points it crashes out of PC-DMIS. If I restart the software it will allow me delete once. When I create another scan and try to delete some points from it the software crashes again.

Has anybody else seens this problem or am I alone on this one? If so, do you know a work around other than saving and restarting prior to any deletions?

Gday,
    When you are trying to delete your points in scan are you doing it straight from the edit window, or are you F9 ing next to the scan in the edit window and removing them from the actual scan box which pops up when you do the initial scan. I would say the second way would be the way to go if you are not already doing that. I just did this without it shutting down in 4.1 . Hope this helps. Cheers Paul.

Comment

If I edit scans in any program when online, 99% of the time I get the dreaded serialization error. I have got the "hotfix" which does not work installed and have relayed this info to Hexagon who have no idea why this happens.

The scans work fine so long as you don't try and edit them

Good Luck
      sigpic

Comment

I have converted the scan to points, it is no longer a scan. Then I am deleting some of the feature points.

Comment

Originally posted by CGoode View Post
          I have converted the scan to points, it is no longer a scan. Then I am deleting some of the feature points.
          Well, depending on what version you are using, (I think it is ALL V3.5 releases), you ahve to do a double CTRL-S before deleting using hte delete key on the keyboard, doesn't seem to be an issue is you chace through the menu to do it. BUT, if you highlight stuff in the edit window, do CTRL-S twice before hitting the delete key. Work 99% of the time to keep it frmo crashing.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by CGoode View Post

I have that happen with 3.2063. After I "convert to points", I save, get out of the program, then open it back up. Usually, it doesn't crash then. Here lately, after my scans, I do a save as. Then, I use the new program to convert to points. That way, I still have the original scan in case I need it.
            sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

I can remember having to delete one feature at a time. Any more would result in a crash.

A.Gore
              sigpicA.Gore

Comment

As the Demons told before CTRL+S is helpful. And be careful , before deleting any item , "UNMARK" them , if I delete any item which is marked , kicks me out (v3.x's)

HTH
                sigpic
                Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

feature sets

if your points are recalled in a feture set....you need to unselect those points in the feature set or you will get a crash.
                  sigpic
                  "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment