Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance Required

Need a little help here.

I've setup an fixture and ran the program with a 1.5mm tip and all is well. There is a narrow long slot that they want profile points on and have to change to a .7 tip. All is calibrated but when I take a surface point it is 3mm off. I created a new probe file and still the same. I even went to a 1mm tip and still the same problem. If I switch back to the 1.5mm all is fine (within .05)

Any ideas (that would help)
    Out of all the things I've lost.... I miss my mind the most!

Originally posted by olderjeep View Post
    Need a little help here.

I've setup an fixture and ran the program with a 1.5mm tip and all is well. There is a narrow long slot that they want profile points on and have to change to a .7 tip. All is calibrated but when I take a surface point it is 3mm off. I created a new probe file and still the same. I even went to a 1mm tip and still the same problem. If I switch back to the 1.5mm all is fine (within .05)

1) BOTH tips must be calibrated WITHOUT moving the qual-tool, ie, calibrate the 'big' one, do your measurements, switch probes, calibrate the little one, TELLING IT THE TOOL HAS NOT MOVED, then take your measurements. At least, that is the way it SHOULD work

-OR-

2) Do it all with the little tip.

It sounds like a calbration issue to me.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Where in thehell have you been Hoedeman?
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Did that...twice. I've never had this type of a issue. I'll give it a try in the morning (second shift is on the machine now). I'll switch to the smaller tip to do the fixture alignment and see how that does. I'll let ya know.

Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I'm going to guess this might be one of those issues where the machine is confused. A shutdown/restart might set everything straight.

Comment

Originally posted by olderjeep View Post
            Need a little help here.

Having the same problem ! What I do is re-align or verify zeros with each new tip used. I also would be very interested in having this problem resolved . Did checks on squarness etc to make sure of any deviations. Also made sure tips were related to each other ie as Matt described.
            Last edited by AJHVW93; 09-21-2007, 05:03 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

We have several programs that use multiple tips. I have always calibrated all of the tips first, then run the program, changing the tips when prompted. I've never run into the problem you described. We use 3.5 MR 1 generally, but have 4.1 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by poobar View Post
                We have several programs that use multiple tips. I have always calibrated all of the tips first, then run the program, changing the tips when prompted. I've never run into the problem you described. We use 3.5 MR 1 generally, but have 4.1 as well.
                BUT, are you using quick-change modules and/or a tool changer? If you have to un-screw any item and screw in a new one, then re-cal AT THAT POINT is absolutly required or you will get bad data.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Got the problem resolved (at least for this issue) I re-calibrated both probes before running the program (as always) and the same thing happened again.

So to get the job done I inserted the fixture alignment with a new name and ran it with the small probe. It works great.

I know that is now the normal way but you sometimes have to do things a little different to get the job done.

Comment