Errors while editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors while editing

I have been getting these errors while in edit mode. Now the errors are causing the programs lock and the serialization error will not allow program to open. It seems that these errors are happening on 2nd shift more that it is on 1st shift. The programs are stored on a server and the software is stored on the hard disk.
    Attached Files

Can't see what they even say. Can you give us a list of what it says in text?
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I would definitely not run your programs from a server as this can/will cause you problems, i.e. if the server goes down mid program and your program cannot save, you will more than likely get the dreaded serialization error.

I store all my programs on the server but then have a copy of them all on the hard drive and run them from there, take it from me this will save you a lot of grief
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jon_dav_uk View Post
        I would definitely not run your programs from a server as this can/will cause you problems, i.e. if the server goes down mid program and your program cannot save, you will more than likely get the dreaded serialization error.

I store all my programs on the server but then have a copy of them all on the hard drive and run them from there, take it from me this will save you a lot of grief
        That's what we do. It will save you some serious grief.
        sigpic
        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

You do not mention any version or OS you are running.
          "A required resource.." message could be that you have not installed the MS hotfix for XPSP2. Or you could try running in "Best Performance Mode".
          This assumes you are using Windows XP with SP2 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
            You do not mention any version or OS you are running.
            "A required resource.." message could be that you have not installed the MS hotfix for XPSP2. Or you could try running in "Best Performance Mode".
            This assumes you are using Windows XP with SP2 installed.
            Just for kicks, here is the info on that hotfix.

http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Downloads/hotfix.htm

Comment

Originally posted by randy carr View Post
              I have been getting these errors while in edit mode. Now the errors are causing the programs lock and the serialization error will not allow program to open. It seems that these errors are happening on 2nd shift more that it is on 1st shift. The programs are stored on a server and the software is stored on the hard disk.
              Your 2nd shift needs administrative rights for their screen name. Your IT can set it up such that the 2nd shift has administrative rights but block everything they shouldn't touch via permissions.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Also thought in the first view for the MS hotfix,
                but after googling for ASR (Automated System Recovery) as seen in your
                last messagebox i'm assuming you're using Windows 2003 (Server)?
                Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                  Your 2nd shift needs administrative rights for their screen name. Your IT can set it up such that the 2nd shift has administrative rights but block everything they shouldn't touch via permissions.
                  With local admin, I dont think you can control permission except for what is network related...
                  Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Click on the attachment and it shpuld enlarge.

Comment

The ops is Windows XP and the version of PC-DMIS is 3.7 MR2.

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                        Can't see what they even say. Can you give us a list of what it says in text?
                        Click on the attachment and it shpuld enlarge.
                        Yes, but I still can't read any of them...
                        sigpic
                        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment

The CMM department has agreed to move the programs to the hard drive with a backup on the server. My next worry is that I created setup sheets using Excel with photos and inserting the setup sheet into the program. These setup sheets are stored on the server along with the photos that are use in the excel setup sheet. From time to time I will experience an "applications error' while opening the program and have to close it before I can use it again. The setup sheet will be gone after that. I was wondering if everything concerning the software should be stored on the hard drive?

Comment

The CMM department has agreed to move the programs to the hard drive with a backup on the server. My next worry is that I created setup sheets using Excel with photos and inserting the setup sheet into the program. These setup sheets are stored on the server along with the photos that are use in the excel setup sheet. From time to time I will experience an "applications error' while opening the program and have to close it before I can use it again. The setup sheet will be gone after that. I was wondering if everything concerning the software should be stored on the hard drive?
                            I of course don't know what kind of network setup you have, but, we store all of the master programs and setup graphics/photos on the network and do not have these kind of problems.
                            We run 3 different CMMs this way.
                            We DID have a few problems like this for a short time and discovered a poor connection (loose and easily bummped junction). After reworking the physical connection the problems went away.
                            Lately, it occurs to me
                            What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Why dont you guys create one folder per part number and then put the program(s), pictures, setup stuff, and anything related to that part number in that folder instead of in different places. It would make maintenance, moving, copying, backup, rev changes, etc... a lot easier.
                              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment