Help with MM4. . Need to inscribe a circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MM4. . Need to inscribe a circle

I need help getting data from either my circles I measured or my profiles that I scanned. I have bores that are out of round and I need to know what the inscribed circle size will be to determine a gauge size. I'm not sure have to get the data I need. I'm currently running MM4 on an old Brown & Sharpe XCEL.

Oh boy, give me a few minutes (after my program finishes running) and I'll see if I can even get MMIV to open up anymore on this machine. . .
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

Well, shucky darns! Mine doesn't even work anymore. I haven't even tried opening it in a few years.

If I remember correctly you've just got to construct it using an already measured circle. I just can't tell you the exact steps without looking at it. If your in ICON mode you should be able to see it in the "Construct" menu.
      sigpic
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

Actually, I think you HAVE to be in ICON mode to do it at all...
        sigpic
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

Thanks Rangerboat72 I'll give it a try.

Comment

I not doing so well Rangerboat72. What am I looking for in Icon mode?

Comment

Okay, I got on another machine to figure it out.

In Icon mode go to "basic feature measurements", then go to the lower right icon "other options". Once you are there, you should see "MININS-MAXCIRC". Before doing this you have to have already measured your circle. Once you choose inscribed you will have to choose the circle you have already measured. It should be self explanatory from there. If not, let me know and I'll go through the motions on the other machine...
              sigpic
              PCDMIS 2012
              Windows Office XP

Comment

So, is this RESOLVED ? ? ?
                sigpic
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment