Gr&r 5-2-2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gr&r 5-2-2

    Hi Guys, I hope someone can help. We are doing a GR here and the callout is an angle ±1°. I know that the calculation is 0.026" per inch and my part is measured about 2" from the center. Anyone have a better way to calculate the tolerance for the GR?
    Thanks
    Dan

  • #2
    Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
    Hi Guys, I hope someone can help. We are doing a GR here and the callout is an angle ±1°. I know that the calculation is 0.026" per inch and my part is measured about 2" from the center. Anyone have a better way to calculate the tolerance for the GR?
    Thanks
    Dan
    I have never heard of anyone doing a gage-r on that type of feature, only locations. I mean, the angle of the part is dependant on the part, not the fixture, you need to see if the part sits on the fixture in the same place every time, so a simple location should do it. Also, all features measured for teh gage-r SHOULD have the tightest tolerance for the part, even if that point will get a bigger tolerance for checking the part, the entire fixture MUST pass to the tightest part tolerance.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      I have never heard of anyone doing a gage-r on that type of feature, only locations. I mean, the angle of the part is dependant on the part, not the fixture, you need to see if the part sits on the fixture in the same place every time, so a simple location should do it. Also, all features measured for teh gage-r SHOULD have the tightest tolerance for the part, even if that point will get a bigger tolerance for checking the part, the entire fixture MUST pass to the tightest part tolerance.
      WMHS...
      sigpic
      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
        Hi Guys, I hope someone can help. We are doing a GR here and the callout is an angle ±1°. I know that the calculation is 0.026" per inch and my part is measured about 2" from the center. Anyone have a better way to calculate the tolerance for the GR?
        Thanks
        Dan
        NEI
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

        Comment


        • #5
          Matt,
          The only feature that is important on the part is the location of the tube that has the angular tolerance so I really wanted to use the location in X&Y to validate the gage-r. I just wanted to make sure I was being fair to the fixture if I used the 0.026" per inch.

          Comment


          • #6
            WTF - does WMHS & NEI mean? LOL

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
              WTF - does WMHS & NEI mean? LOL
              What Matt Hoedeman said and not even inclusive????
              sigpic
              Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
              PCDMIS 2012
              Windows Office XP

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
                Matt,
                The only feature that is important on the part is the location of the tube that has the angular tolerance so I really wanted to use the location in X&Y to validate the gage-r. I just wanted to make sure I was being fair to the fixture if I used the 0.026" per inch.
                OK, you are NOT trying to USE an angle for the gage-r, just trying to figure out what tolerance you should use for a point on this angle for a location tolerance, is that it?

                Well, 1 degree = 0.017452406" per inch of length and if this feature is 3 inches long, that would give a tolerance at the 3 inch mark of 0.052357219" total or +/- 0.02617861"

                SO, if you have +/-1 degree, you would double those values. Of course, the angle tolerance applies to the entire length, so the closer you are to the 'corner', the less tolerance you have.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
                  WTF - does WMHS & NEI mean? LOL
                  Wille may have soup and not everyone itches.

                  ITEKT
                  Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EHines View Post
                    Wille may have soup and not everyone itches.

                    ITEKT
                    Oh, IDKT...
                    sigpic
                    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                    PCDMIS 2012
                    Windows Office XP

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for the info...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Not enough information
                        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X