Does radio music in your work area ever.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does radio music in your work area ever.............

........drive you nuts?
    Trying to learn the Demon while the monkeys are listening to the radio.......
    Y'all know I'm sure.......I've switched it off on several occassions when
    it was me or the radio........
    I'd rather have it left off all together.
    Thanks for letting me rant.

MJB

anyone got a microwave radio zapper that won't kill my pc at the same time?
    I'll pay big bucks..........
    "listening for the last trump... looking toward the eastern sky"

Originally posted by MJBolster View Post
    ........drive you nuts?

MJB

Try a pellet gun, get one of those little Crossman Pellet/BB/Dart 'pistols' and simply put a pellet through the speaker.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by MJBolster View Post
      ........drive you nuts?

MJB

Nope, I prefer to have one on. It beats the heck out of the hiss of the air bearings and beep, beep, beep. Of course I get to control what station it is on. If I couldn't do that and they were listening to something like country, I'd find a microwave and drop it on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
        Nope, I prefer to have one on. It beats the heck out of the hiss of the air bearings and beep, beep, beep. Of course I get to control what station it is on. If I couldn't do that and they were listening to something like country, I'd find a microwave and drop it on the radio.
        There's only TWO kinds of country music, pure s#it and diluted.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

It depends on what's on the radio and what I'm trying to do. Here I've never had a problem asking the radio listener to turn it down a little or just turning it down on my own. Other places have been a different situation.

If Matt's pellet gun idea will get you fired for having a "firearm" on company property super glue the volume knob at a low level. If that don't do it ball pien hammers work well.

Goodluck, what's wrong with country music? No songs about scroll lock?
          Last edited by Perry Fisher; 09-19-2007, 05:22 PM. Reason: jab at goodluck
          Perry
          B&S Mistral
          3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Fisher View Post
            It depends on what's on the radio and what I'm trying to do. Here I've never had a problem asking the radio listener to turn it down a little or just turning it down on my own. Other places have been a different situation.

If Matt's pellet gun idea will get you fired for having a "firearm" on company property super glue the volume knob at a low level. If that don't do it ball pien hammers work well.
            OR, you could just have Craiger (AKA booger-boy) show up to enforce it. What do you think they will do when they see THIS coming at 'em?

Last edited by Matthew D. Hoedeman; 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

The boss says our facility policy is if anyone objects then the radio is off.
              But who wants to be the heavy..

I may have to put the hammer down yet........

I do have a 650fps pellet rifle that would nail the sucker to the wall
              ............HMMMM

time to go home for the day-

Y'all have a goodin

MJB

Comment

I listen to Jazz and modern music. Turn it up and Tune them out!
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I wish we were still allowed to have one here. They were banned 4-5 years ago along with the personal coffee pots, and refrigerators. Personally, I work a whole lot more efficiently with a radio or something besides this squeaky-*** a/c unit behind me...
                  sigpic
                  Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                  PCDMIS 2012
                  Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                    I listen to Jazz and modern music. Turn it up and Tune them out!
                    Some bluegrass would keep my machine beeping (or PINGING as our janitor would say)...
                    sigpic
                    PCDMIS 2012
                    Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                      OR, you could just have Craiger (AKA booger-boy) show up to enforce it. What do you think they will do when they see THIS coming at 'em?

[ATTACH]1922[/ATTACH]
                      You never know. They may like him and surround him like a pack of wolves around a meal...
                      sigpic
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

Can of coke in a spray bottle, you have to work out the rest of the plan.

Comment

Silence puts me to sleep. Sure, you can get frustrated while music is playing, but I'd rather hear music playing then hearing the thumps of my forehead on my desk.

I use yahoo music, it's free, online (no cds), and it'll random any combination of music you choose.
                          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Yeah-
                            If the demon wasn't gnawing at my throat at the same time---
                            choke...cough......gurgle...........gulp.......... ............

Then there's the constant bs sessions and outbreaks of drunken (?)
                            sounding laughter- real professional like.

The real problem - I don't drink.

Sorry- I actually thought I was posting on the off topics page.

I need some iced tea ( semi sweet) real bad.

MJB

Comment

The music keeps the voices quiet. Silence=boredom....boredom=trouble
                              Badges..... We don't need no stinkin badges.

Comment