Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting a pattern

Hey,

This is a question I should probably know the answer to, however here it goes.

I have a GD&T callout that looks similar to the picture I've attached, what I need to know if I have three holes or more how to effectively report on the pattern without making a bunch of alignments or whatever. While two holes would not pose any problems when I get into more than two my reporting ends up being longer than I would like it to be. What would work is to take the deviations of ALL the holes in the pattern in any respective axis and obtain its range then report the range.

Is there a way to do this through the reporting or will I have to do the calculations in the programming manually? Or am I misinterpreting the GD&T?
    Attached Files
    David Monroe
    Is there any way to stop the infernal beeping!?

3.5 MR2
    Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

What I would do is a bestfit alignment to all holes in the pattern. Then origin on one of them. Then tolerance all the rest (TP).
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
      What I would do is a bestfit alignment to all holes in the pattern. Then origin on one of them. Then tolerance all the rest (TP).
      I would do the same, except for the origin part. the FRTZF (bottom portion) of the feature control frame allows movement in all 3 axis (no DRF). With that in mind, a 3-D best fit, origin, and rotate alignment meets the requirements of the FCF. Then dimension the holes in question.
      Kev
      RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I was waiting for that answer, but was hoping for one line on a report that said in each axis here's how bad we are. Calculated like in the image below of course I'd want to see only the values on last line on the report. I can do this manually by just going into the feature and playing with the math just thought there may be an easier way.
        Attached Files
        David Monroe
        Is there any way to stop the infernal beeping!?

3.5 MR2
        Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment