Reporting Fcf's In 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting Fcf's In 4.2

Can you eliminate some of the B.S. from your report page i.e. reporting True Position? When reporting TP I get a size block, position block, datum shift block and a summary block. I or (my customer) is only interested in seeing the position block. Can I, somehow, remove the other 3 blocks from my report? I'm trying to simplify my efforts when printing to Datapage or to a PDF.

Yes, you will have to edit your Report template and labels. What shows up is programmed in your report template under the rules editor.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Or you could just switch to "Use Text Mode Dimension reporting", and it will make everything look legacy.
      Mr. Comment
      SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
      B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
      PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOUG MORTON View Post
        Can you eliminate some of the B.S. from your report page i.e. reporting True Position? When reporting TP I get a size block, position block, datum shift block and a summary block. I or (my customer) is only interested in seeing the position block. Can I, somehow, remove the other 3 blocks from my report? I'm trying to simplify my efforts when printing to Datapage or to a PDF.
        Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
        Yes, you will have to edit your Report template and labels. What shows up is programmed in your report template under the rules editor.
        Here's what you can do. I *think* this will work, but I also think it will also affect all FCFs in the report, not just TP FCF (not sure how to get around that):
        1. Access the Report Template Editor.
        2. Open up the TextOnly report template.
        3. Select File | Save As and save a copy of the template and give this copy a new name, like textonly_positiononly.rtp
        4. Click the Rule property. The Rule Tree Editor appears.
        5. Expand the Dimensions branch and click on Feature Control Frame. You will see a bunch of IF THEN statements (ie rules) in the bottom box.
        6. Select and click Delete for each of these rules:
          IF "DIMENSION_TABLES:LINE1_SIZE_TABLE..."
          IF "DIMENSION_TABLES:DATUM_SHIFT_TABLE..."
          IF "DIMENSION_TABLES:SUMMARY_TABLE..."
        7. Click OK to close down the Rule Tree Editor.
        8. Save your template.
        9. Load the template into the Report window. TPs should now only show the Position block.
        Last edited by JaredHess; 09-19-2007, 06:51 PM.
        Jared Hess - PC-DMIS Documentation Team Lead @ HMI
        [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment