ERROR new to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERROR new to me

Well I haven't seen this one before. It's a very small program, no CAD and doesn't do any thing fancy. Any one had it before or have an idea why I would get it?

ERROR MESSAGE.jpg

Nope.

Stab in the dark...

Got Windows XP Service Pack 2?

Got the hotfix from Wilcox? Here's the details.

Comment

I am running that, so I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Comment

I've seen it, I suggest a re-boot

Comment

I tried Goodlucks fix didn't do it. I tried a reboot still no good. Every time I try to construct anykind of a feature I get the same message.

Comment

Send the part program & steps to B&S tech support. Memory is being overwritten. Along with any other file (probe, alignment, registry settings, user dat). Also mention what report template is being used.

Comment

Buffer overruns are caused by security issues and/or coding issues. What version windows are you using? Are you on a network?
              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                Buffer overruns are caused by security issues and/or coding issues. What version windows are you using? Are you on a network?

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2, and yes I am on a network. But only this one program has ever giving me this error and, I've built some more programs yesterday and they give me no problem. But if I go back to that one program and try to do anything to it I get the same error over and over.

Comment

As mentioned before, send this file (along with all other applicable ones) to B&S tech support so this issue can be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
                    I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2, and yes I am on a network. But only this one program has ever giving me this error and, I've built some more programs yesterday and they give me no problem. But if I go back to that one program and try to do anything to it I get the same error over and over.

You might try to make a new program name, copy and paste just the code in your new named program. Just a thought....
                    sigpicRegards,
                    Donald Henger
                    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

buffer overrun detected, also no chance to get rid of it

hi together,

the same error like Mr. "tested" : buffer overrun detected, i work on Win XP SP2,
                      nvidia quadro FX 550, with two Benq FP93GX Monitors in Single view modus (no master desktop on TFT one and slave on two) in 2560 X 1024 Resolution. PCDMIS V4.2 MR1 installed 4 days ago no problems since then untíl yesterday. All Hotfixies from Wilcox und Micrsoft are installed...

Small Prog with CAD file (import iges) about 200 Points with T aberration to look at in the graphik Window of PCDMIS. Program runs through (measuring mode) until i start to organize the T flags in the graphik window.

After 10 seconds to 40 seconds the error appears and pressing the OK button, PCDMIS is gone.

- its not just this Prog, happens in every old and new edit prog also
                      - reinstall of V4.2 MR1 didnt help

who can help, with hexagon metrology support in Wetzlar i discussed a couple of hours yesterday, no accurate answer form there yet

i am also in a network with open internet access.

I hope somebody has an idea

Thanks a lot

Comment

I would rewrite the program with no cut and paste, just start a whole new program and see if that works.
                        sigpic

Was
                        Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

Now
                        2010 MR3

Comment

Have you tried changing your Windows "Theme" to "Classic". This helped stop my V4.2 from crashing due to memory leak.
                          B & S Global Performance 7-10-7
                          PC DMIS CAD ++ V4.2 MR1
                          PH10MQ SP25M

Comment

Dear Stanley and Pat Ahern,

try it both, didn`t help. Anny other ideas?! Perhaps V4.2. MR2 tryout?

Thanks

Comment

Hi franz-walt,
                              if it always happens by arranging the labels in the graphic-window
                              then my first attempt would be to update the driver for the graphiccard.

HTH

Comment