DCC Scanning Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCC Scanning Problem

OK, I'm new to scanning and I have a problem. I just finished a program with multiple scans, when I tried to then run the program in DCC mode all of my scans were converted from continuous contact to point to point. How do make it always do continuous contact????
    Eric

Cont. Scanning

1. you must have sp600 or sp25 for continuous scanning to work. It will not work with tp200, tp20, or tp7...

Attached is a doc with setting you need in a linear open scan...the other types of scans are roughly the same.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

execute tab either have relearn or defined chosen. HTH

Comment

Thanks again for your help. You guys/girls are my new heroes in Metrologyland
        Eric

Comment

Sounds like he does have a scanning head. He just didn't set the execute tab to "relearn" or "defined". Also, in circle & cylinder scans, in the "Filter" tab you need to change to "Nullfilter".
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
            Sounds like he does have a scanning head. He just didn't set the execute tab to "relearn" or "defined". Also, in circle & cylinder scans, in the "Filter" tab you need to change to "Nullfilter".
            I would like to ask what is the difference bethween relearn and defined and why filter must be null?
            DEAGlobalAdvantage092008 MISTRAL 070705
            RenishawSP25 TP200
            PCDMIS3.7CAD++ PCDMIS4.2CAD

Comment

Relearn - Defined

Relearn...the SP600/SP25 actulaly "Learns" its way from the start point to the end point.

Defined...the controller is sent the xyz, ijk data to get from point a-->b

I disagree with the nullfilter change...I rarely use it...only on complex curves or if I need a lot of points to analyze a circle.

Tim
              Last edited by Boomer; 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                Relearn...the SP600 actulaly "Learns" its way from the start point to the end point.

Defined...the controller is sent the xyz, ijk data to get from point a-->b

I disagree with the nullfilter change...I rarely use it...only on complex curves or if I need a lot of points to analyze a circle.

Tim
                I was under the impression that anytime you scan with SM25 or SP600 nullfilter is what you have to use to maintain constant contact. Otherwise it will just revert to point mode. I use open linear, relearn, nullfilter on most all scans. Unless I loop the scan I then change to master. Please let me know if there are better options for me to use.
                Robert Horne
                Va.

Comment

I use both variable and line options for the point spacing...I have started to move away from the variable...I usually use line and a spacing of .040..That seems to work best for the cavities that we make. When I am scanning a tooth gear profile (12"dia. inside) I will bump the scanning point density (opt probe) to 4 or 5pnts/mm and use the nullfilter.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I have an SP25M scanning probe
                    Eric

Comment