toolbar issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toolbar issues

For some reason, when I open a program, either my toolbars are missing a bunch of icons, or my CAD Model is missing. Sometimes both. Anyone know how to fix this? I have already renamed gbarstate and executebarsate. Even after I redo and save a new windows layout it still messes up. I have recently added a second monitor and a new NVidia video card. Only have 500 mb memory though. Think this is the problem?
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Why is it that my posts hardly ever get response? Just no answers out there???

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
      For some reason, when I open a program, either my toolbars are missing a bunch of icons, or my CAD Model is missing. Sometimes both. Anyone know how to fix this? I have already renamed gbarstate and executebarsate. Even after I redo and save a new windows layout it still messes up. I have recently added a second monitor and a new NVidia video card. Only have 500 mb memory though. Think this is the problem?
      Sorry about not answering earlier.

Hmm, sounds like pc-demons to me. I guess all I can offer is try going back to 1 monitor and see if the problem continues. If it stops, go back to two and see if it returns. That would indicate the problem has something to do with the dual monitor.

If you recall your saved windows layout does it pop back to the way you want it?

Comment

I have the same video card and use dual monitors with now problem. I do however have 1 GB. So maybe???
        Robert Horne
        Va.

Comment

Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
          I have the same video card and use dual monitors with now problem. I do however have 1 GB. So maybe???
          Yeah i ran dual monitors and the same video card at Moog, with no problem. I've got a request in to get more memory. Hopefully I will get this and it will help.

Comment

I am running V3.7 MR3, same as you and I use 2 monitors without a problem.

SO, are you trying to SPAN both monitors with Pcdmis or are you putting it on 1 monitor and maybe the edit window on the second monitor? The main Pcdmis window I keep on the primary monitor and the most I will do is put the EDIT WINDOW on the second monitor.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I do not think mem is the prob. I have the same problem with models dissapearing! (3.7MR3) I have 3.5 gb of ram. No probs with toolbar though!
              sigpic

Comment

It's kind of funny ( not in your case), but that crap happened to me today. I opened the demon, selected my program, and "walloh", I had no toolbars or icons. Well, I will say this: When I initially set up my screen when we got the machine, there was ( and is) an icon that will store your preferred layout of the way you want your icons. Once you save them , no matter what happens, you can click the icon and your layout of the toolbars and such should reappear the way your originally laid them out. You may have to go to the "view" (toolbars) option to get to it, since you have no toolbars, and click toolbar which holds this icon. The toolbar you will want the machine to put back up is the " Window Layout" toolbar.Generally, the icon to the far right will be the (saved layout) icon. Get this toolbar up and click that icon (it should help). I cannot say this will help with the model problem, but I bet it will. The demon does strange things. This works for me on version 4.1, so I am not for sure if the older versions have this feature. IHTH
                Patrick
                I don't feel tardy!sigpic
                B&S "One" V4.2
                Discovery D-12 V4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  I am running V3.7 MR3, same as you and I use 2 monitors without a problem.

SO, are you trying to SPAN both monitors with Pcdmis or are you putting it on 1 monitor and maybe the edit window on the second monitor? The main Pcdmis window I keep on the primary monitor and the most I will do is put the EDIT WINDOW on the second monitor.
                  Yes, I span them. pcdmis stays on the primary and the edit window on the
                  2nd one, same as you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1CMM4ME View Post
                    It's kind of funny ( not in your case), but that crap happened to me today. I opened the demon, selected my program, and "walloh", I had no toolbars or icons. Well, I will say this: When I initially set up my screen when we got the machine, there was ( and is) an icon that will store your preferred layout of the way you want your icons. Once you save them , no matter what happens, you can click the icon and your layout of the toolbars and such should reappear the way your originally laid them out. You may have to go to the "view" (toolbars) option to get to it, since you have no toolbars, and click toolbar which holds this icon. The toolbar you will want the machine to put back up is the " Window Layout" toolbar.Generally, the icon to the far right will be the (saved layout) icon. Get this toolbar up and click that icon (it should help). I cannot say this will help with the model problem, but I bet it will. The demon does strange things. This works for me on version 4.1, so I am not for sure if the older versions have this feature. IHTH
                    Patrick
                    I have my layout saved, but, clicking the icon does not fix the problem. Sometimes, I can run my mouse across them and they will reappear.

Comment

Yes, I span them. pcdmis stays on the primary and the edit window on the
                      2nd one, same as you.
                      That's not exactly what I meant by span them, you CNA make a single window take up the entire area of BOTH monitors (at least, I can).
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                        That's not exactly what I meant by span them, you CNA make a single window take up the entire area of BOTH monitors (at least, I can).
                        Yes, I do span the windows across both monitors.

Comment

I had this happen to me today also. Lost all but one or two icons on most of my tool bars. Oddly enough I also use two monitors. I shut down PC-DMIS three times and my toolbars were still hosed. The only way I could get them back was to do a full shutdown then they were fine.
                          Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by EHines View Post
                            I had this happen to me today also. Lost all but one or two icons on most of my tool bars. Oddly enough I also use two monitors. I shut down PC-DMIS three times and my toolbars were still hosed. The only way I could get them back was to do a full shutdown then they were fine.

I guess when all else fails.....

Comment