Using pi in calculations and presenting assigned values in report?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Using pi in calculations and presenting assigned values in report?

    How do I use pi in calculations? I've tried just typing PI, but that doesn't seem to work and I can't find anyway to assign mathematical constants, but surely there must be a way?

    Also, how do I go about to present an assigned value in the report? Say for instance that I've written something like this:

    ASSIGN/AREA1 = LINE1*LINE2

    How do I present AREA1 in the report?

  • #2
    I haven't had to use that in a long time but I'm sure you could use 3.14159265358979323846...

    You must use the appropriate extension in order to do that. For example: ASSIGN/AREA1 = LINE1.X*LINE2.X then you could create a "GENERIC FEATURE" such as a GENERIC PLANE and set it's X value to AREA1 and report the plane's X value.
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is an example of how to report the variable. You can also use a variable in a keyed-in dimension. I need to look up how to use pi when I get to work.

      Code:
      ASSIGN/V2 = ABS(180-F1.A.MEAS)/2
      F2         =GENERIC/NONE,DEPENDENT,RECT,OUT,$
                  NOM/XYZ,0,0,0,$
                  MEAS/XYZ,0,0,0,$
                  NOM/IJK,0,0,1,$
                  MEAS/IJK,0,0,1,$
                  RADIUS/0,0,$
                  ANGLE/20,V2,$
                  DISTANCE/0,0
      DIM D10= LOCATION OF PLANE F2  UNITS=IN ,$
      GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=1.00  OUTPUT=BOTH
      AX  NOMINAL    +TOL     -TOL     MEAS    OUTTOL 
      A   20.0000   0.5000   0.5000  20.1082   0.0000 -#-
      END OF DIMENSION D10
      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
        I haven't had to use that in a long time but I'm sure you could use 3.14159265358979323846...

        You must use the appropriate extension in order to do that. For example: ASSIGN/AREA1 = LINE1.X*LINE2.X then you could create a "GENERIC FEATURE" such as a GENERIC PLANE and set it's X value to AREA1 and report the plane's X value.
        Ranger is correct. I would imagine if you want to do the area of a square for instance, you'd need to measure a line on each side. Then, create a point at the intersection of each line. Next come the variables.

        V1=pnt1.x-pnt2.x
        V2=pnt1.y-pnt4.y
        V3=v1*v2

        generic feature with V3 as measured value for lets say x and dimension for x location of generic feature per JK's post

        Comment


        • #5
          You can do it with one assignment ya know
          Code:
          V1=(PNT1.X - PNT2.X) * (PNT1.Y - PNT4.Y)
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
            You can do it with one assignment ya know
            Code:
            V1=(PNT1.X - PNT2.X) * (PNT1.Y - PNT4.Y)
            Yeah, I guess you could.

            Where's my coffee?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
              I haven't had to use that in a long time but I'm sure you could use 3.14159265358979323846..
              Or this for short...
              3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 10582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706 79821480865132823066470938446095505822317253594081 28481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381 96442881097566593344612847564823378678316527120190 91456485669234603486104543266482133936072602491412 73724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364 36789259036001133053054882046652138414695194151160 94330572703657595919530921861173819326117931051185 48074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011949 12983367336244065664308602139494639522473719070217 98609437027705392171762931767523846748184676694051 32000568127145263560827785771342757789609173637178 72146844090122495343014654958537105079227968925892 35420199561121290219608640344181598136297747713099 60518707211349999998372978049951059731732816096318 59502445945534690830264252230825334468503526193118 81710100031378387528865875332083814206171776691473 03598253490428755468731159562863882353787593751957 78185778053217122680661300192787661119590921642019 89380952572010654858632788659361533818279682303019 52035301852968995773622599413891249721775283479131 51557485724245415069595082953311686172785588907509 83817546374649393192550604009277016711390098488240 12858361603563707660104710181942955596198946767837 44944825537977472684710404753464620804668425906949 12933136770289891521047521620569660240580381501935 11253382430035587640247496473263914199272604269922 79678235478163600934172164121992458631503028618297 45557067498385054945885869269956909272107975093029 55321165344987202755960236480665499119881834797753 56636980742654252786255181841757467289097777279380 00816470600161452491921732172147723501414419735685 48161361157352552133475741849468438523323907394143 33454776241686251898356948556209921922218427255025 42568876717904946016534668049886272327917860857843 83827967976681454100953883786360950680064225125205 11739298489608412848862694560424196528502221066118 63067442786220391949450471237137869609563643719172 87467764657573962413890865832645995813390478027590 09946576407895126946839835259570982582262052248940 77267194782684826014769909026401363944374553050682 03496252451749399651431429809190659250937221696461 51570985838741059788595977297549893016175392846813 82686838689427741559918559252459539594310499725246 80845987273644695848653836736222626099124608051243 88439045124413654976278079771569143599770012961608 94416948685558484063534220722258284886481584560285 06016842739452267467678895252138522549954666727823 98645659611635488623057745649803559363456817432411 25150760694794510965960940252288797108931456691368 67228748940560101503308617928680920874760917824938 58900971490967598526136554978189312978482168299894 87226588048575640142704775551323796414515237462343 64542858444795265867821051141354735739523113427166 10213596953623144295248493718711014576540359027993 44037420073105785390621983874478084784896833214457 13868751943506430218453191048481005370614680674919 27819119793995206141966342875444064374512371819217 99983910159195618146751426912397489409071864942319
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                Or this for short...
                3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 10582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706 79821480865132823066470938446095505822317253594081 28481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381 96442881097566593344612847564823378678316527120190 91456485669234603486104543266482133936072602491412 73724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364 36789259036001133053054882046652138414695194151160 94330572703657595919530921861173819326117931051185 48074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011949 12983367336244065664308602139494639522473719070217 98609437027705392171762931767523846748184676694051 32000568127145263560827785771342757789609173637178 72146844090122495343014654958537105079227968925892 35420199561121290219608640344181598136297747713099 60518707211349999998372978049951059731732816096318 59502445945534690830264252230825334468503526193118 81710100031378387528865875332083814206171776691473 03598253490428755468731159562863882353787593751957 78185778053217122680661300192787661119590921642019 89380952572010654858632788659361533818279682303019 52035301852968995773622599413891249721775283479131 51557485724245415069595082953311686172785588907509 83817546374649393192550604009277016711390098488240 12858361603563707660104710181942955596198946767837 44944825537977472684710404753464620804668425906949 12933136770289891521047521620569660240580381501935 11253382430035587640247496473263914199272604269922 79678235478163600934172164121992458631503028618297 45557067498385054945885869269956909272107975093029 55321165344987202755960236480665499119881834797753 56636980742654252786255181841757467289097777279380 00816470600161452491921732172147723501414419735685 48161361157352552133475741849468438523323907394143 33454776241686251898356948556209921922218427255025 42568876717904946016534668049886272327917860857843 83827967976681454100953883786360950680064225125205 11739298489608412848862694560424196528502221066118 63067442786220391949450471237137869609563643719172 87467764657573962413890865832645995813390478027590 09946576407895126946839835259570982582262052248940 77267194782684826014769909026401363944374553050682 03496252451749399651431429809190659250937221696461 51570985838741059788595977297549893016175392846813 82686838689427741559918559252459539594310499725246 80845987273644695848653836736222626099124608051243 88439045124413654976278079771569143599770012961608 94416948685558484063534220722258284886481584560285 06016842739452267467678895252138522549954666727823 98645659611635488623057745649803559363456817432411 25150760694794510965960940252288797108931456691368 67228748940560101503308617928680920874760917824938 58900971490967598526136554978189312978482168299894 87226588048575640142704775551323796414515237462343 64542858444795265867821051141354735739523113427166 10213596953623144295248493718711014576540359027993 44037420073105785390621983874478084784896833214457 13868751943506430218453191048481005370614680674919 27819119793995206141966342875444064374512371819217 99983910159195618146751426912397489409071864942319
                I like it...
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think you transposed a couple of digits.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                    I think you transposed a couple of digits.
                    Which ones? If you are going to criticize a man's work, prove it.
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                      Which ones? If you are going to criticize a man's work, prove it.
                      It is so much more fun to criticize and then claim I'm too good to prove it.

                      I was just kidding, trying to get someone to look through all that to find an error that may or may not be there.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When I typed in 10000 digits, this stupid forum told me it was too characters... it's possible I typed a few incorrectly
                        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                          When I typed in 10000 digits, this stupid forum told me it was too many characters... it's possible I typed a few incorrectly
                          many?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                            Or this for short...
                            3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 10582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706 79821480865132823066470938446095505822317253594081 28481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381 96442881097566593344612847564823378678316527120190 91456485669234603486104543266482133936072602491412 73724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364 36789259036001133053054882046652138414695194151160 94330572703657595919530921861173819326117931051185 48074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011949 12983367336244065664308602139494639522473719070217 98609437027705392171762931767523846748184676694051 32000568127145263560827785771342757789609173637178 72146844090122495343014654958537105079227968925892 35420199561121290219608640344181598136297747713099 60518707211349999998372978049951059731732816096318 59502445945534690830264252230825334468503526193118 81710100031378387528865875332083814206171776691473 03598253490428755468731159562863882353787593751957 78185778053217122680661300192787661119590921642019 89380952572010654858632788659361533818279682303019 52035301852968995773622599413891249721775283479131 51557485724245415069595082953311686172785588907509 83817546374649393192550604009277016711390098488240 12858361603563707660104710181942955596198946767837 44944825537977472684710404753464620804668425906949 1293313677028989152104752162056966024058038150193511253382430035587640247496473263914 19927260426992279678235478163600934172164121992458 63150302861829745557067498385054945885869269956909 27210797509302955321165344987202755960236480665499 11988183479775356636980742654252786255181841757467 28909777727938000816470600161452491921732172147723 50141441973568548161361157352552133475741849468438 52332390739414333454776241686251898356948556209921 92221842725502542568876717904946016534668049886272 32791786085784383827967976681454100953883786360950 68006422512520511739298489608412848862694560424196 52850222106611863067442786220391949450471237137869 60956364371917287467764657573962413890865832645995 81339047802759009946576407895126946839835259570982 58226205224894077267194782684826014769909026401363944374553050682034962524 51749399651431429809190659250937221696461515709858 38741059788595977297549893016175392846813826868386 89427741559918559252459539594310499725246808459872 73644695848653836736222626099124608051243884390451 24413654976278079771569143599770012961608944169486 85558484063534220722258284886481584560285060168427 39452267467678895252138522549954666727823986456596 11635488623057745649803559363456817432411251507606 94794510965960940252288797108931456691368672287489 40560101503308617928680920874760917824938589009714 90967598526136554978189312978482168299894872265880 48575640142704775551323796414515237462343645428584 44795265867821051141354735739523113427166102135969 53623144295248493718711014576540359027993440374200 73105785390621983874478084784896833214457138687519435064302184531910 48481005370614680674919278191197939952061419663428 75444064374512371819217999839101591956181467514269 12397489409071864942319


                            I spotted three or four or was that three in red
                            sigpicRegards,
                            Donald Henger
                            B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                            3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                            PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                            Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRgIbKEsYT4

                              It's one of my fav's....I love that ****

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X