Class 101?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 101?

Does anyone know any good sites I could go to that could teach me how to use manual mode, etc.? Sites that maybe have the chance of not being blocked by the company's super choke me-tight firewall filter?
    I feel a lot better now that I've lost my mind.

Global Activ
    PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

You need to spend some money and have some unhindered training.

Having someone come to your company only to be interupted because the perception is that you are available is not unhindered.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

http://www.npl.co.uk/cgi-bin/guide_info.pl?guide=41
      Robert Horne
      Va.

Comment

There are some tutorials on the b&S/Wilcox site. The help menus, (press the F1 key), can help with a lot of the basic stuff too. There are places they are not very good, but all in all they are helpful. Have you had the week long "basic" pc-dmis class? That would be highly recommended. Of course if your company won't cough up the $. . .
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Probably not in your personal budget but... You could always pay for the class yourself. You could look at it as valueable training that could get you a better job in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
            You need to spend some money and have some unhindered training.

Having someone come to your company only to be interupted because the perception is that you are available is not unhindered.
            This is very sound advise if you can get the company to pay for it. A month ago I went to sister to help get them started working with PC-DMIS and DCC programming and all they (people at the facility) did was get him for this and that. Out of 5 days I was there we got maybe 2 or 2.5 days of actual training time. We could have accomplished more if it would have been 2.5 days of solid work.
            Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
            Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

The bottom line is if the company will not pay for training then they don't much care what results come off the cmm. I would not pay for training myself either. Everyone benefits from the training.
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                The bottom line is if the company will not pay for training then they don't much care what results come off the cmm. I would not pay for training myself either. Everyone benefits from the training.
                You should be able to deduct the cost of the class on your taxes if the company will not pay for it. It is a business expense.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  You should be able to deduct the cost of the class on your taxes if the company will not pay for it. It is a business expense.
                  Now we are talking slippery slope....

Comment

(which is just above the thighs, right?)
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                      (which is just above the thighs, right?)

See ya on the slopes

Comment

Hitting the slopes means doing cocaine around here.............
                        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                          Hitting the slopes means doing cocaine around here.............

It was always a derogatory word about asians around here. Weird hah !!!

Comment

Jacked at 9. Not bad for a Monday.
                            Perry
                            B&S Mistral
                            3.207 Beta on XP

Older'n dirt

Comment

I'm hijacking the hijack: The only thing my company is griping about is the fact that they had a class set up before, but "no one learned anything from it", so they felt like it was a waste of money, so they stopped it. I don't blame them for it, but I actually want to learn everything I can about the CMM and PCDMIS down to the reason why it slides and beeps.....Ok, can have your hijack back now...and speaking of which, I have a.....never mind
                              I feel a lot better now that I've lost my mind.

Global Activ
                              PCDMIS CAD ++3.5 MR2

Comment