Help with V4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with V4.2

We just installed PC-DMIS 4.2 and have been having alot of trouble. I can not get any of the old programs to run right. Even new programs I write I can not get to show the report window. How do I edit or even run an existing program? Also, (just recently) when I have the software running and I go to the menu bar and select "file" there is no option for new. How do I make a new file?

Thanx.
    sigpic:cool:Out of This World:cool:

Windows XP; PC-DMIS 4.2MR1; One year tucked away.

More details, if you would.
    What version did you use before?
    Starting old programs with 4.2 : what does not work?
    Report in 4.x is different than 3.x

Comment

Also, have you installed 4.2 MR1? -Glenn

Comment

STOP!

Its been said before but it bears repeating. outlined by Matt here
        sigpic 1.61803399Δ
        ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

We were usning version 4.0 and our tech came and installed version 4.2. I do not know if he installed MR1 or not. I have only been doing this for two weeks so please bear with me. When I open a program with V4.2 I can run an existing program, however I do not get the window that alows me to edit the program. So if I need to edit the program I can not. How can I get that window to appear?

Also, when I try to start a new program there is not an option for "new" in the "file" drop down menu. How do I write a new program?

Comment

This smells like Operator only Mode; check what exactly did your tech load you with

Comment

Thanks Rob_K! I got it to do the right thing when I found the "Online" mode. Now when I try to load a program that I previously made in V4.2 I get a message that reads," The program recalls a tip that is not defined." When I click "okay" (my only option) and then click "execute" I get a message that says,"Illegal Tip Command" and the program does not run. Why is this?

Thank You

Comment

If you don't install into a working pcdmis directory, your probe library will be empty, at the very least copy the probe file from your old directory and paste it into the new one but reinstalling over a copy of a working version is a better solution. The reason for that is there are various files such as calibration files (machine xyz error compensation maps) that will not be there.
                Last edited by slesholdofthreep; 09-14-2007, 04:08 PM.
                sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

Set your search paths

set your search paths for the probe directory........

edit--> Preferences-->Set Search path...pick probe library from the drop down list and browse to the location of your probe folder.

Tim
                  sigpic
                  "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Nfisk, what does your directory look like? Do you have multiple PCDMIS root directories? This will decide the the most prudent course of action.
                    sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
                      If you don't install into a working pcdmis directory, your probe library will be empty, at the very least copy the probe file from your old directory and paste it into the new one but reinstalling over a copy of a working version is a better solution. The reason for that is there are various files such as calibration files (machine xyz error compensation maps) that will not be there.
                      Thank You. The probe file was there and full of all the same stuff that was in the old version. I took a copy of the old probe file and pasted it into the new version, but still same problem... ...no data in the Probe Utilites Box.

Comment

????

But where is your search path pointed to for the probes??????
                        sigpic
                        "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
                          Nfisk, what does your directory look like? Do you have multiple PCDMIS root directories? This will decide the the most prudent course of action.
                          This is the best I can do to answer the question: If I go to My Computer --> Drive C: --> Program Files --> WAI
                          That folder has three folders in it, "PC-DMIS V40", "Copy of PC-DMIS V40", and "PC-DMIS V42". If I go into any of them I can go into the folder named "Models" and in there I have a folder named "Probes" Is that what you are talking about? That is what I copied from V40, but V42 already had all the same information. Does that help?

Comment

Boomer I have set the search path to "Probe Directory" Is that right?

Comment

Okay. I have the program up and running where I can see all of the information for that. Thank you everybody for your help! I have another problem, though. Sometimes I wonder if I am not cursed and computers just fall apart when I touch them. Anyway, if I am running a program and the probe does an unexpected hit. I can go and delete (in this case a circle) and re-do that one circle. That was no problem, except that now it will not "return to screen" the circle that I do, or anything that I do for that matter. It works fine in a new program, but not in an existing one. What am I doing this time?

Comment