code to recheck holes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code to recheck holes...

This should probably be asked under the code section but i figured more ppl would see it here.....

Can someone give me a good code sample to make PC-Dmis recheck holes that fail T/P or hole size? I got the example off of Wilcox, but I think it's missing something.
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

That is going to depend on what you want to recheck. Do you just want to recheck the feature. Or recheck the datums in the FCF relevant to that feature then the feature. Or recheck the whole part?
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
      That is going to depend on what you want to recheck. Do you just want to recheck the feature. Or recheck the datums in the FCF relevant to that feature then the feature. Or recheck the whole part?
      not sure.... The problem is that my datums are two holes that are first drilled on a drill press, these two are used on a CNC fixture to drill the rest of the holes. At some point in that process, those datum holes get drilled again. So, these holes are elongated and the operator has to determine the "good part" of the hole and check that part of it. Because this always varies which side is the good side, they have to check this part manually.

Comment

Perhaps a roundness dimension with an if/endif evaluation on the .M.MEAS extension of the dimension goto a label. In the if/endif set a variable that will contrrol the depth at which the hole is measured so you can go in at varying depths until roundness comes in. If I am understanding your scenario correctly. Don't forget move points.

Comment

Perhaps a roundness dimension with an if/endif evaluation on the .M.MEAS extension of the dimension goto a label. In the if/endif set a variable that will contrrol the depth at which the hole is measured so you can go in at varying depths until roundness comes in. If I am understanding your scenario correctly. Don't forget move points.
          Sorry...most of this is Greek to me. I'm just on an elementary level with using variables.

Comment

Let me make sure I understand exactly what is needed and maybe I'll throw some code up. I am picturing a hole that cleans up funny on a secondary operation. My thought is check the roundness of the hole. If it is over a certain value (you determine) then it rechecks it at a different depth until the roundness is acceptable. My thought being that then it is checking the hole in an area with proper cleanup. Does this sound OK?

Comment

Hole form is usually my criteria also, to remeasure a hole, not size.
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Let me make sure I understand exactly what is needed and maybe I'll throw some code up. I am picturing a hole that cleans up funny on a secondary operation. My thought is check the roundness of the hole. If it is over a certain value (you determine) then it rechecks it at a different depth until the roundness is acceptable. My thought being that then it is checking the hole in an area with proper cleanup. Does this sound OK?
                I don't think moving the depth down is going to help. Checking a smaller percentage of the hole and changing my start/end angle is what I have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
                  not sure.... The problem is that my datums are two holes that are first drilled on a drill press, these two are used on a CNC fixture to drill the rest of the holes. At some point in that process, those datum holes get drilled again. So, these holes are elongated and the operator has to determine the "good part" of the hole and check that part of it. Because this always varies which side is the good side, they have to check this part manually.
                  Question.

If the first two holes are done on a drill press and the other holes located from them, what is used to locate the re-drill? If it is the other holes, shouldn't the re-drill fall in exactly the same place?

I mean if you measure from the left corner of your desk to the right corner, then from the right corner to the left corner, shouldn't you get the same number?

Basically, your two datums end up as slots rather than holes is what I think you are saying. You need to determine which end of the slot to use.

Comment

MAX inscribed perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                      Question.

If the first two holes are done on a drill press and the other holes located from them, what is used to locate the re-drill? If it is the other holes, shouldn't the re-drill fall in exactly the same place?

I mean if you measure from the left corner of your desk to the right corner, then from the right corner to the left corner, shouldn't you get the same number?

Basically, your two datums end up as slots rather than holes is what I think you are saying. You need to determine which end of the slot to use.

I'm not sure how the whole process works. Still working on that. Only been here a month.

Yes, they do sometimes look like slots. And I do have to determine the good side.

Comment

How tight are your tolerances for TP? When you measure a small segment of an arc it can play havoc with your location. If you go this route maybe you should use the FIXEDRAD algorithm? Personally I like Craigs suggestion that you measure the full circle and use MAXINSC.

sigpic 1.61803399Δ
                        ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

There are some things that do NOT automate well... you may just need to do these types of measurements manually.
                          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Just reread your above post. If they truly look like slots automating this will be difficult. Before I can say anything further, are any other ops performed on these oblong datum holes?
                            sigpic 1.61803399Δ
                            ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                              There are some things that do NOT automate well... you may just need to do these types of measurements manually.
                              This is what we are doing now....Maybe it's best to just stick with that. Thanks!

Comment