Needs a hotfix bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs a hotfix bad

I am trying to apply for a hotfix from Microsoft, but they need to know my "platform". A dropdown list displays a choice of "X86, X64, ia64". Now, being rather computer illiterate, I have no idea what they want, and neither does my boss (so I don,t feel so bad about that). Any help out there???
    Steven69
    sigpic

go to >my computer right click >properties ,IT shows what you are running EX windows xp or ? I think this is what they want?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steven69 View Post
      I am trying to apply for a hotfix from Microsoft, but they need to know my "platform". A dropdown list displays a choice of "X86, X64, ia64". Now, being rather computer illiterate, I have no idea what they want, and neither does my boss (so I don,t feel so bad about that). Any help out there???
      x86 = 32-bit generic term. Most older commercial microprocessors
      x64 = 64-bit AMD microprocessors
      ia64 = 64-bit Intel microprocessors (Intel Itanium architecture)

If your running an older system (3-4+ yrs) probably gonna be x86. I dont remember but i think if you right click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES under the GENERAL tab where it says COMPUTER: it should say something like "Pentium 4" "AMD 64" etc. Been more then a few years since i worked on windows system... not liking it!

HTH

Comment

Goto your START -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools

There is a program called "System Information". Run that and you will see what you have.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
          Goto your START -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools

There is a program called "System Information". Run that and you will see what you have.
          Thank you. That did it. I've got a X86 here!!!!
          Steven69
          sigpic

Comment