Version 4.2 opinions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Version 4.2 opinions

    Hey Folks;

    We are interested in any/all feedback concerning PC-DMIS v4.2. Our employer is interested in installing it on our CMM's at 5 different facilities across 3 states. Positive/negative feedback is welcome and appreciated.

    Thanks for your help;

    Doug Wells

  • #2
    I won't use 4.anything due to the changes with reporting. (elimination of Full Report Mode)
    I use 4.2 for importing Catia files.
    I program and run 3.7MR3.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

    2017 R1 (Offline programming)

    Comment


    • #3
      If you are using 4.0, or 4.1 today, this is a no-brainer: GO TO 4.2MR1 LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Many issues will be resolved. You'll NOT be disappointed. It is quite an acceptable version.

      I have never run anything prior to 4.0, so I leave that up to our golden oldielocks. They will be more than happy to spew opinions on that one! Better fasten your seatbelts!



      Jan.
      ***************************
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

      Comment


      • #4
        Are you going from v4.0 or v4.1 to v4.2? Or are you moving from v3.0+? I would recommend using v4.0 or v4.1 before making that jump. Quite a few things have changed since v3.0+.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

        Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm using v4.1 and have tried v4.2. I don't like the way the auto features have changed in v4.2
          DeWain Hodge

          Comment


          • #6
            Using 4.2 MR1, and I have to say I like it. One thing that is irritating is the docking issue of the probe toolbox. Having said that the ******** is now looking to get me a second screen, so it might be a good thing after all (I still would like to be able to dock it to the auto features).
            If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
            Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Snaggy View Post
              Using 4.2 MR1, and I have to say I like it. One thing that is irritating is the docking issue of the probe toolbox. Having said that the ******** is now looking to get me a second screen, so it might be a good thing after all (I still would like to be able to dock it to the auto features).
              Snaggy, how would you go about implementing this?
              sigpic 1.61803399Δ
              ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

              Comment


              • #8
                Use 3.7MR3 currently but trained a sister plant running 4.2 and I liked what I saw. Once things slow down a little here I will set my offline and 3 CMMs to run V4.2MR1.

                It took me a day so playing with it on my offline seat to learn some of the changes but if yo've been running the DEMON for a while you should pick up on where everything is.

                I too, do not particularly like the probe tool box. I find it cumbersome but that may be just taking the time to get used to it.

                I know my operator (machinists) will not like wating for the report to print to the results but Ohhhh Well . They'll just have to get used to it.
                Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                Contura Calypso 5.4

                Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
                  Snaggy, how would you go about implementing this?
                  Absolutely no idea mate. I leave things like that to the IT Dept
                  If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
                  Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No 4.2

                    We were using 4.0 and everything was great. Our tech installed 4.2 and it has been a total nightmare. I think you should run 4.0 as long as you can.
                    sigpic:cool:Out of This World:cool:


                    Windows XP; PC-DMIS 4.2MR1; One year tucked away.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nfisk View Post
                      We were using 4.0 and everything was great. Our tech installed 4.2 and it has been a total nightmare. I think you should run 4.0 as long as you can.
                      NO to 4.0

                      4.1 has nowhere near the issues 4.0 does

                      4.2MR1 is the best yet...different here and there...but you will get used to it
                      Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
                      sigpic

                      Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
                      Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                        Are you going from v4.0 or v4.1 to v4.2? Or are you moving from v3.0+? I would recommend using v4.0 or v4.1 before making that jump. Quite a few things have changed since v3.0+.
                        You got rocks in your head?

                        He should move to 4.2mr1 not 4.0 or 4.1. Think about what you say before saying it. Alright maybe I didn't before posting this but I had a late night and got in late too.
                        sigpic

                        James Mannes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I say yes to 4.2...Time is passing, tomorrow will be 4.3... (not 3.x)
                          Using MR1 since day two, it has some bugs I don't like but I'm leraning to deal with it.
                          Also did some work with 3.7, 3.5 and 3.2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rob_K View Post
                            I say yes to 4.2...Time is passing, tomorrow will be 4.3... (not 3.x)
                            Using MR1 since day two, it has some bugs I don't like but I'm leraning to deal with it.
                            Also did some work with 3.7, 3.5 and 3.2
                            As far as I'm concerned, the 4.2mr1 release is a really nice package. I have very few issues with htis software.

                            But, as they tailor made the 4.2mr1 to my liking it may not taste as good to some others. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
                            sigpic

                            James Mannes

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                              As far as I'm concerned, the 4.2mr1 release is a really nice package. I have very few issues with htis software.

                              But, as they tailor made the 4.2mr1 to my liking it may not taste as good to some others. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

                              Jimi,

                              Did you also wake up on the wrong side of the bed???? Im sensing some hostility from you
                              sigpic
                              "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X