Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesastar-M Problem

Here is an interesting one.
    I have a Global Advantage 7.5.7 and I'm running v.4.2. The head is a TesaStar-M with a SM25 scanning probe.
    Periodically the knuckle will go limp and throw up an Emergency Error. It acts the same way it does if you crash into something but the probe is just sitting there doing nothing.
    Eric

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Here is an interesting one.
    I have a Global Advantage 7.5.7 and I'm running v.4.2. The head is a TesaStar-M with a SM25 scanning probe.
    Periodically the knuckle will go limp and throw up an Emergency Error. It acts the same way it does if you crash into something but the probe is just sitting there doing nothing.
    Have you done that recently....
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

it has never taken even a mild bump
      Eric

Comment

Do you have an HCU (Hand Control Unit)? How do you recover from this?
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

yes we have a hand controll unit. I just turn the machine back on and clear the error message and it is fine. It checks everything accurately and acts fine when it is in motion. It only does this when it isn't moving.
          Eric

Comment

This is a relatively new head on the market as far as I know. You may have to contact B&S/Hexagon about it. It may be an air pressure issue, but I sort of doubt it. You could have a faulty head. Please let me know, I am trying to get approval to buy a new machine and I was intending to get this head on it, but if it has problems I may stick with Renishaw.
            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
              This is a relatively new head on the market as far as I know. You may have to contact B&S/Hexagon about it. It may be an air pressure issue, but I sort of doubt it. You could have a faulty head. Please let me know, I am trying to get approval to buy a new machine and I was intending to get this head on it, but if it has problems I may stick with Renishaw.

Air, that's what I was thinking. I have the same Probe. What I have been experiencing is that sometimes it stops taking points in a program. And I mean during a manual alignment hits. Right in the middle of taking them, nothing? So I shut it down and have to chager angles and re-start the program.
              sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I will let you know what I find out.
                Eric

Comment

TesaStar-M Head

Overall I like the Tesa head. I like the 5 degree increment, it adds a little more versatility. The only real complaint I have is the Renishaw converter, it's over 30mm long. That takes 30mm from the my travel. Although, it hasn't caused much trouble yet. So far I would recomend it, but it would be nice if they could shorten the converter some.

by the way. It seemed that the air was the problem. Thank you
                  Eric

Comment

Glad to see you got it. I really must know how much e-mail you get.
                    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Suprisingly not that much. It is just a trash email account anyway. I use it sparingly
                      Eric

Comment