CAD models and revisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD models and revisions

I was wondering what I am supposed to do if I have written a program using a CAD model and a new revision for the part is released, therefore changing the model. Can I put the new model in and it will remember where the old features were, or do I have to re-write the entire program?

Thanks

No just import and say replace. I will so a merge first and look and see what you have. Of course this is assuming that the new cad model has the same cad zero as the old. Then just go in an edit the features in the revisioned area. If it is in another CAD zero have your cad guy put in the correct position.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

As long as the origin on the new CAD is not different from the old your ok. It has happened to me. With 4+ you can move your CAD origin to match the old one if they are different. Otherwise a CAD package will be needed to do this.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by ktanner View Post
        I was wondering what I am supposed to do if I have written a program using a CAD model and a new revision for the part is released, therefore changing the model. Can I put the new model in and it will remember where the old features were, or do I have to re-write the entire program?

Thanks
        Importing a NEW CAD model will NOT have any effect on the existing features/alignment/dimensions in an existing program UNLESS YOU have FIND NOMS turned on. Otherwise, everything will stay (program-wise) exactly the same has it ever was.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment