New to PCDMIS Statistics Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to PCDMIS Statistics Option

We are currently running PCDMIS version 3.7 MR2. We are just in the beginning stages of implementing SPC and would like to utilize our CMMs for real time data collection. We would like the PCDMIS data to talk to our Mitutoyo Measurelink SPC software. We reviewed the Statistics Command in PCDMIS but we are unclear how to use it (data options, etc.). We only have the standard version of PCDMIS without Curves and Surfaces. Any help getting this started would be appreciated.

You'll probably have to get Mitutoyo involved to see if they have a transfer utility.

SABarber is on top of the game when it comes to SPC & PCDMIS playing together, hopefully he'll reply.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

In order to get the data out you would have to have purchased the SPC out module with PCDMIS (I think it comes with Datapage). Do you have that?

QCCalc RT has an export for Mitutoyo's MeasureLink.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

No Datapage or Module

I know we didn't purchase or install datapage. As far as the PCDMIS SPC module I'm guessing no. The Statistics Command is active and inserts lines of code in a program but the SPC module probably goes beyond this function.

Comment

Are the stats command in the edit window showing RED or normal?

Comment

Normal!!

Comment

then you should have stats output...

QCRT will translate the data to measurelink

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                You'll probably have to get Mitutoyo involved to see if they have a transfer utility.

SABarber is on top of the game when it comes to SPC & PCDMIS playing together, hopefully he'll reply.

Exactly what Craiger said. You can transfer the stats to whatever file measurelink is looking for data by using the same statistics command only using transfer stats. You'll have to see if Mitutoyo can set up MeasureLink to accept .tmp files.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                  In order to get the data out you would have to have purchased the SPC out module with PCDMIS (I think it comes with Datapage). Do you have that?

QCCalc RT has an export for Mitutoyo's MeasureLink.
                  An FYI QC-CALC is not freeware, so that would also have to be purchased. Am I correct J?
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Is there a way I can test the stats output using the transfer stats option?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                      An FYI QC-CALC is not freeware, so that would also have to be purchased. Am I correct J?
                      No it is not free ware. You can try it for free to see if it does what you want and then you can buy it...
                      Last edited by cmmguy; 09-12-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarDeso View Post
                        Is there a way I can test the stats output using the transfer stats option?
                        Turn stats on before the ouput section of your program. At the end of your output section, select the transfer stats to the folder of your choice c: or network folder. This will create a folder name with the date and time - all numerical. This should be a .tmp file. You can open the file with word pad and see all of your data that you wanted transfered if it is working correctly and you have put the commands in correctly.

P.S. - You do not need QC Calc for this to work.
                        sigpic

Comment