PHC9 Datum Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHC9 Datum Error

The PH10M changes angles and sets and then resets and then I get the error PHC9 Datum Error. I know that this means that the PH10M needs to be replaced but I just want confirmation.

We just had a bearing go out, Z axis motor changed and the Z axis encoder changed on our 12-20-10. The counter balance went out on out DEA and the encoder on out 9-15-9 took a crap. What the he!! is going to go wrong next. Now I have to tell the super to drop another $4K on a head return exchange. Now the error on out 7-10-7. Any sympathy?
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Dang man that sucks. We have 5 DCC machines here and it seems like crap is always happening to all of them at once.

I feel for you man.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
      The PH10M changes angles and sets and then resets and then I get the error PHC9 Datum Error. I know that this means that the PH10M needs to be replaced but I just want confirmation.

We just had a bearing go out, Z axis motor changed and the Z axis encoder changed on our 12-20-10. The counter balance went out on out DEA and the encoder on out 9-15-9 took a crap. What the he!! is going to go wrong next. Now I have to tell the super to drop another $4K on a head return exchange. Now the error on out 7-10-7. Any sympathy?
      NOPE, none at all!

HOWEVER, on the PH9 heads, there is a little set-screw in the side that allows you to increase/decrease the force the ehad applies to seat itself. Does the PH10 have this screw? If so, you have NOTHING to lose by tring it.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        NOPE, none at all!

HOWEVER, on the PH9 heads, there is a little set-screw in the side that allows you to increase/decrease the force the ehad applies to seat itself. Does the PH10 have this screw? If so, you have NOTHING to lose by tring it.
        Tried that and no diff. I guess I have to tell the super now and have to listen to he whine. Money, money, money!
        sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Tried that and no diff. I guess I have to tell the super now and have to listen to he whine. Money, money, money!
          Keep turning, are you sure you have the right size wrench? righty-tighty-lefty-loosy and I think it is righty that you want. Turn it 3 or 4 revolutions.
          sigpic
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I was turning it out. Should I turn it in to lessen the pressure?
            sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

I was turning it out. Should I turn it in to lessen the pressure?
              Turn it IN to increase the clamping pressure, since it keeps un-seating itself, then it needs MORE POWER! Arh, arh, arh, arh
              sigpic

Comment

Didn't work. Kept getting the datum errors.

I am going to RBE that sucker. I am going from a PH10M to a PH10MQ. I measured a machine with a "Q" on it and the quill is the same dimensions. The question I have is, Is there some kind of adapter plate that I will need to do the swap or is everything there that I will need? Any "Q" owners out there?
                sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

OK update if you care. I got the PH10MQ in house only to find out that the the bolt pattern is not the same. Oops. Called around and found out that the bolt pattern in the Excels was changed after 1994. This machine is a 1992. So only 1994 and newer models will accept a "Q". Called Renishaw supplier again to let them know. No problem, they'll send out a PH10M that day, yesterday. Well UPS came, I opened up the box and found another PH10MQ inside. Called supplier and they said Renishaw screwed up. They are going to ship out another one today. I have to come in on Sat now to get it up and running. The table will be down for three days because I wanted to save three inches in the Z travel. Right now, I have 3 PH10m's on my desk. Want to see if I can juggle?
                  sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

With three.... Hmmm, I wonder.... maybe you could make a PH30?
                    Lately, it occurs to me
                    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment