Pcdlrn Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcdlrn Error

I was installing PC-DMIS V4.1 on sigma arm dell laptop and it wasn’t installing correctly so I took it off, leaving PC-DMIS V4.0 on the PC

But when we start to use the arm to measure we get an error

“pcdlrn

An unsupported scripting operation was attempted”

Please can you help on this error and also send on details on a correct installation update

You may have issues with your PC-DMIS Registry. If you did not properly "Uninstall" your 4.1, the values may still be set for 4.1 and not work in 4.0.

Matt seems to have had more luck than I ever had with installing different versions in diferent directories. I always ended up re-installing due to registry issues.

Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Let me be the first of the multitude to suggest you get the brand spanking new bouncing baby 4.2MR1. You can download it from the Wilcox site. Of course you can't run it unless your SMA is current. HTH (Hope This Helps)
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Try re-installing the older version on top of itself. Sounds like you have a registration issue.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
          You may have issues with your PC-DMIS Registry. If you did not properly "Uninstall" your 4.1, the values may still be set for 4.1 and not work in 4.0.

Matt seems to have had more luck than I ever had with installing different versions in diferent directories. I always ended up re-installing due to registry issues.

Jan.
          Is there anyway to know if you have uninstalled correctly, at the moment the machine is down, so i need to sort soon

Comment

For me the quickest has always been to just re-install 4.0.

There is apparently a "Uninstall" utility that you can use and it will supposedly clean-up the registry mess. However, you may not have used it when you deleted (did you???).

There are also ways to just clean out the registry. I have never tried that. You can call tech support and they may be able to help you if you want to try that.

But again, either get out the 4.0 disks or download it from their site and re-install may do the trick quickest.

Jan.

Comment

ok, things can only get better, been told that no1 know where old discs or password information are, so would i be better off to install new version, if i download the software, i presume it will ask for passwords etc??

Comment

No, just go here: http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Versions/v42.htm

You have to have a valid portlock though....

Jan.

Comment

Thanks jan, have a vaild portlock, it will take the password that were sent out with v4.1 ?

erin

Comment

No password required. Just download and install.

Jan.

Comment

Thanks jan, got it all sorted

Comment