Error message and crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Error message and crash

    Periodically, when I am running or editing a program, I get an error message on the screen and PC-DMIS shuts off. This is getting extremely bothersome, to say the least. The error box is "pcdlrn" and the error message is "A required source was unavailable". Anyone have this happen to them? Any ideas on what the required source could be? I am running on a independant cumputer tied into the server via wireless network.
    Steven69
    sigpic

  • #2
    Change your computer to best performance mode.

    Comment


    • #3
      It may be related to the wireless network thing.
      PCD will run better without the network connection.
      It is ok to store the programs on the network, but you should not be running from the network.
      Lately, it occurs to me
      What a long, strange trip it's been.

      2017 R1 (Offline programming)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Steven69 View Post
        Periodically, when I am running or editing a program, I get an error message on the screen and PC-DMIS shuts off. This is getting extremely bothersome, to say the least. The error box is "pcdlrn" and the error message is "A required source was unavailable". Anyone have this happen to them? Any ideas on what the required source could be? I am running on a independant cumputer tied into the server via wireless network.
        I would suspect the wireless network not retrieving something quickly enough so the function times out and generates the error. But you don't say which version you are running and some of them just plain crash a lot no matter what. HTH
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

        Comment


        • #5
          Try 4.2 (got it in before you, didn't I Jan?)

          4.2 has been reported as 'better' than 4.1
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
            I would suspect the wireless network not retrieving something quickly enough so the function times out and generates the error. But you don't say which version you are running and some of them just plain crash a lot no matter what. HTH
            It does in his personal info.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
              It does in his personal info.
              Yes, so I saw after I read your comment. My mistake, I should have looked there. Better send Paul(a) a PM about it, if that is ok with your IT guys.
              sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

              Comment


              • #8
                Running XP service pack 2?

                Have you installed the hotfix?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Go to the wilcox site there is a hot fix for this. It works most of the time (XP) Sorry did not see what Goodluck posted!!
                  Last edited by AJHVW93; 09-11-2007, 05:07 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
                    Go to the wilcox site there is a hot fix for this. It works most of the time (XP) Sorry did not see what Goodluck posted!!
                    Where on the site, and on what site?Never Mind!!! Brain Fart!!
                    Last edited by Steven69; 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM.
                    Steven69
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Go here...

                      http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/home.htm

                      Look in the yellow area on the right hand side, "important fixes".
                      sigpic

                      James Mannes

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                        Go here...

                        http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/home.htm

                        Look in the yellow area on the right hand side, "important fixes".
                        Thanks. Got it, now I've got to get my boss to install it and not destroy anything else that's on my system!!!!
                        Steven69
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wouldn't let your boss install it unless he's a PCDMIS Guru himself.
                          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

                          Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                          PH10MQ/SP600M


                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have had a similar problem with the network. If I store data to the network during a PC-DMIS run, and for whatever reason, the network is not available for even the shortest time, it creates this error.

                            What I do is run PC-DMIS and make sure I never do anything over the network. Store all my data in a special directory. Then, using the MS-DOS AT command (or in XP: go to Control Panel/Scheduled Task/Add Scheduled Task), I copy all my data to the network once a day. If it fails one day, it will get copied the next day. Works very well for me.


                            Jan.
                            ***************************
                            PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                            Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steven69 View Post
                              Thanks. Got it, now I've got to get my boss to install it and not destroy anything else that's on my system!!!!
                              I logged on and when I was applying for the hotfix, it is asking me what platform and gave a drop down box with "X86, X64, ia64". What is the platform????
                              Steven69
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • RussL
                                Error: No error occurred
                                by RussL
                                I opened a program, worked on it off-line, went to save, got "PC-DMIS Message" panel:

                                Current Dir\<file name>.PRG:Serialization...
                                05-25-2006, 02:40 PM
                              • Tested
                                Error message
                                by Tested
                                Has anyone seen or heard of this Error before. I did a edit on a long time running program and now before it starts it gives this error.'
                                ...
                                12-11-2007, 08:14 AM
                              • Steveb
                                Error message
                                by Steveb
                                I have a Mistral running 4.1, and am getting the following error message, 'LEVEL3: AXIS Z ERROR(0xe)'
                                The probe is moving down the table length...
                                05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
                              • wsneeden
                                Error in connect=0 message
                                by wsneeden
                                I am wondering if anyone has ever encountered this error message before....

                                When opening PCDMIS I receive an error message of 'error in...
                                06-03-2015, 09:34 AM
                              • kellyh
                                Server Busy Error
                                by kellyh
                                Every once in a while during my OLE, I get a server busy message with three buttons, switch to, retry, and cancel (greyed out).

                                I have...
                                09-25-2013, 12:59 PM
                              Working...
                              X