Iterative Alignment using 3 holes ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Iterative Alignment using 3 holes ?

    I am trying to do an iterative alignment using 3 holes and am having trouble getting the cad file to merge with the part. I have done this before but am a bit on the rusty side. Any tips are appreciated. I am starting my program with dcc mode turned on. I am using auto feature dcc circle for all 3 holes. After I measure the holes I am going into iterative alignment leveling to the 3 holes
    aligning to 2 of the holes and selecting origin for 1 of the holes. Then I select cad=part. It asks me if I want to re measure the alignment features and I tell it yes. It re- runs the circles but the cad and part do not merge. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also what should I set the point tolerance to in the iterative alignment box. I forget what point tolerance does. Can ayone remind me ? I rarely use iterative alignments but would like to brush up on them.

    Thanks
    Erik

  • #2
    Originally posted by Erik11265 View Post
    I am trying to do an iterative alignment using 3 holes and am having trouble getting the cad file to merge with the part. I have done this before but am a bit on the rusty side. Any tips are appreciated. I am starting my program with dcc mode turned on. I am using auto feature dcc circle for all 3 holes. After I measure the holes I am going into iterative alignment leveling to the 3 holes
    aligning to 2 of the holes and selecting origin for 1 of the holes. Then I select cad=part. It asks me if I want to re measure the alignment features and I tell it yes. It re- runs the circles but the cad and part do not merge. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Also what should I set the point tolerance to in the iterative alignment box. I forget what point tolerance does. Can ayone remind me ? I rarely use iterative alignments but would like to brush up on them.

    Thanks
    Erik


    You absolutly HAVE to use a minimum of 3 surface sample hits for holes when doing an iterative alignment.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am using 3 sample hits.

      Comment


      • #4
        I can't remember who created this doc but it wasn't me so I don't want any credit for it. That being said I think you'll find it useful.ITERATIVE_ALIGNMENT_GUIDE[1].zip
        sigpic 1.61803399Δ
        ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

        Comment


        • #5
          Is ther a tutorial available for doing iterative alignments? I used to have one from PCDMIS Class but cant find it and we have no tech support here unfortunately. I am trying to get brushed up for a job interview at a plastics mfr. They may quiz me and would like to be up to speed. Thanks for the help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks so much !!

            Comment


            • #7
              #1) Do not start your program in DCC mode, leave it in manual mode
              #2) pick the featues from the cad model and create them (do NOT measure them)
              #3) Do the iterative alignment
              #4) Do not do CAD=PART (will not hurt, but don't do it unless you are an expert, the cad=part is NOT on the iterative alignment screen)
              #5) mark and execute

              Set your tolerances HIGH on the iterative alignment screen for the manual, then when you do it all again in DCC mode, tighten them up.

              also, see this:

              http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=434
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks again !!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
                  I can't remember who created this doc but it wasn't me so I don't want any credit for it. That being said I think you'll find it useful.[ATTACH]1858[/ATTACH]
                  Winston
                  sigpic

                  James Mannes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thats it J. Heres to WinstonPintOfHoegaarden.jpg
                    sigpic 1.61803399Δ
                    ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X