Computer upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer upgrades.

All right, I’m a little bit scared. Our company is going to upgrade all our computers. We get nice new shiny desktop computers with flat screens and a new OS. I’ve asked them to leave the computers that run my CMMs alone, but that’s not an option. Now I have a couple questions for all you experts out there. All of my programs are on the network so they won’t be affected. It’s just the PC-DMIS reinstall that I’m worried about. What do I need to do to prepare for an install? Since I’m installing again, should I upgrade? We’ve had problems with our dual arm with 3.7 MR1… Should I upgrade to 4+? Anyone have experience with dual arm on 4+? Hopefully this change will go smoothly.
    sigpicHomburgler
    DEA Bravo Dual Arm | 3.5MR2
    B&S 7107 | 3.7MR3

Originally posted by homburgler View Post
    All right, I’m a little bit scared. Our company is going to upgrade all our computers. We get nice new shiny desktop computers with flat screens and a new OS. I’ve asked them to leave the computers that run my CMMs alone, but that’s not an option. Now I have a couple questions for all you experts out there. All of my programs are on the network so they won’t be affected. It’s just the PC-DMIS reinstall that I’m worried about. What do I need to do to prepare for an install? Since I’m installing again, should I upgrade? We’ve had problems with our dual arm with 3.7 MR1… Should I upgrade to 4+? Anyone have experience with dual arm on 4+? Hopefully this change will go smoothly.

See these:

http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=115

http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=326
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by homburgler View Post
      So are they putting new PC's in all the machine tools too?? since they are probably 486's or 1st gen pentiums running NT or 2000...
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

.....Vista will only be supported with version 4.3 when it comes out next year
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

I would rejoice and be happy that they are upgrading old equipment. God knows we all could use some. I would not reinstall everything from scratch however. See if your IT guys (or ladies) can swap out your harddrive to the new computer. Shouldn't be a problem unless you are using some very old computer. Most computers nowadays use IDE/EIDE hard drives and that hasn't changed for awhile.
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment