Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origin on Demo IGES file...

NEWBIE here!

Can somebody please tell me where to set the origin on the Demo IGES file that comes with 4.2? This is HEXBLOCK_WIREFRAME_SURFACE.igs. Nothing I do seems to make sense.

Right now, I'm taking a plane on the top, a line on the "front", a line on the bottom left, and orienting around those three. This puts the origin in space at the top of the part, lower left (from above) corner. It seems more logical to subtract the height of the part and make all references from the bottom up.

Is there a print for this part that shows the dimensions?

Thanks,

tweaks
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic... Arthur C Clarke

Look here, I think it is the top corner of the little tab...

http://cmmprogrammer.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=106

I dont know about that user name though...
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Thanks - I imagine the origin is encoded somewhere in the file....

tweaks is what I does! ;-)
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic... Arthur C Clarke

Comment

If it is the same block I have and model the z origin is at the bottom of the plate not as shown on the dew that is with it. The dwg shows datum A as the top
        sigpic
        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by tweaks View Post
          Thanks - I imagine the origin is encoded somewhere in the file....

tweaks is what I does! ;-)
          When you pull the data into a BLANK, NEW PROGRAM, if the XYZ "thingie' is sitting on the model, that is where the XYZ zero point is in the cad data, if that helps. If it is OFF the model, then you will need to find what the various surfaces are by simply going inot auto features and selecting a vector point on the surface to get the cad nominal for that surface (square surface).
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Tom, the file that i have is straight from Hexagon and Z was on top of that triangular tab. Have they changed it?
            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I have the old test block I think had it for 4 years. This was also with 3.5.
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment