Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in the dark ages with version 3.08

Just curious what the major changes have been to pc dmis since version 3.08
    My company has been too cheap to keep it updated. I will be running version 4.0 pretty soon. Can anyone give me a brief overview of what has changed. I heard the probe calibration window changed considerably. Any feedback appreciated.

Erik

Originally posted by Erik11265 View Post
    Just curious what the major changes have been to pc dmis since version 3.08
    My company has been too cheap to keep it updated. I will be running version 4.0 pretty soon. Can anyone give me a brief overview of what has changed. I heard the probe calibration window changed considerably. Any feedback appreciated.

Erik
    V3.08 to V4.+, you might just as well NOT look at it as being Pcdmis. Nothing will be the same as you remember it, except the name.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

A brief overview is not possible. Keep the old version and install the new one in a seperate directory (there are various posts on how to do this). That way while you are learning the new version you can still get some work done. BTW forget 4.0 goto 4.2MR1.
      Last edited by slesholdofthreep; 09-07-2007, 11:11 AM.
      sigpic 1.61803399Δ
      ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
        A brief overview is not possible. Keep the old version and install the new one in a seperate directory (there are various posts on how to do this). That way while you are learning the new version you can still get some work done. BTW forget 4.0 goto 4.2MR1.
        and make sure the 4.2MR1 is dated 9-4-07 (or after, NOT before)
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by bob mappes View Post
          and make sure the 4.2MR1 is dated 9-4-07 (or after, NOT before)
          It sounds to me like he is changing jobs, they were too cheap to SMA and now all of a sudden he'll be using V4.+? Sounds like a job change, to me.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yup, thats how you upgrade to a newer PC DMIS version, just move your box to another address. This is how you get that raise that you deserve also. Gotta get the money going into the door. But on a serious note, that is such a big range, there is no way to briefly describe the differences. Don't forget the work arounds also.

A.Gore
            sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Don't know, haven't used either version.

What I do know... Everyone and I mean everyone who installed 4.0 regretted it. It was regarded by everyone as being almost as bad as 3.6.

If you are upgrading, go with 4.2 like others have said. If you can't go over 4.0 due to sma issues, download 3.7mr3 and use that.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                It sounds to me like he is changing jobs, they were too cheap to SMA and now all of a sudden he'll be using V4.+? Sounds like a job change, to me.
                I agree....but here we did not do the SMA thing with Starrett and I ran Apogee for about 8 years without an upgrade....finally got a part that Apogee (version we had) wouldn't do what we needed...so we upgraded tp PCDMIS (after Hexagon bought Starrett CMM division)...now SMA is pre-paid until end of 2009...hopefully we will keep it up after that...time will tell
                Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
                sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
                Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

All I can say is keep this Forum as your home page and leave it on all day. We will be waiting for you.
                  sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                    Don't know, haven't used either version.

What I do know... Everyone and I mean everyone who installed 4.0 regretted it. It was regarded by everyone as being almost as bad as 3.6.

If you are upgrading, go with 4.2 like others have said. If you can't go over 4.0 due to sma issues, download 3.7mr3 and use that.
                    Do what Goodluck Said & goodluck (I myself 3.7mr3) Some guru's put what version they are running in their name profile. (I'm not a guru)
                    sigpicRegards,
                    Donald Henger
                    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Henger View Post
                      Do what Goodluck Said & goodluck (I myself 3.7mr3) Some guru's put what version they are running in their name profile. (I'm not a guru)
                      But you did put what version you are running in your signature???
                      sigpic
                      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
                        But you did put what version you are running in your signature???
                        YEP
                        sigpicRegards,
                        Donald Henger
                        B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                        3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                        PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                        Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Erik, you'll be fine. I was using 3.0864 for 8 years +/- 6 months for the same type of company as yours (too cheap) and then switched to 4.1 here at my new job and it didn't take me too long to find my way around. At first it will seem a bit overwhelming but you'll be flying around sooner than you expect and like the previous posts have stated, there is ample support here.

Good Luck.
                          PCDmis v4.1 CAD++
                          Micro Xcel PFx

:cool: "It ain't right 'til I says so!" :cool:

Comment