Quick Fixture

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick Fixture

    I'm programming from a model (.igs) and want to apply a quick fixture. When I add the fixture, I am not able to move it to the area of the part where I want to place it.
    When accessing the help menu, it says to left click and left click/ctrl key to move it around but it dosn't budge.
    I'm just missing something simple right? Help
    Thanks


    4.2 / Global Image /

    Edit: figured it out. Needed to have the fixture button checked on the toolbar. AYE!
    Last edited by PowerJunkie; 09-06-2007, 11:50 AM. Reason: Figured it out...
    -Bill

    PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1 - Global Image 7107 - PH10MQ - SP600M

  • #2
    You can't move cad data as individual entities, only the entire cad model. You will need a cad package to place the fixture over the model.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm using the available fixtures pre-loaded. The model is the part model and the fixtures are the pre-loaded Rayco stuff, so it's pretty easy to say I'm using stop R20-752-SO etc. Or did I misunderstand what your saying? I've been known to do that
      -Bill

      PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1 - Global Image 7107 - PH10MQ - SP600M

      Comment


      • #4
        You want to move the cad model of the quick fixture items around to match what you are setting up on the tbale, is that right? If so, you will have to use a cad package, NOT Pcdmis to position the cad representations of the fixture components to match the cad model of the part.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          You want to move the cad model of the quick fixture items around to match what you are setting up on the tbale, is that right? If so, you will have to use a cad package, NOT Pcdmis to position the cad representations of the fixture components to match the cad model of the part.
          Matt, he is talking about the Quick Fixture feature in PCDMIS.
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

          Comment


          • #6
            Matt,
            In 4.0 and above you can do fixturing and move in easily in PCDMIS. that is one of the biggest new toys they added for 4.0. It is only for a visual though. As far as I know it can not be used to take points on. I'm not sure if collision detection see's the fixture components or not.
            It is pretty nice, you can import your own custom fixtures from Iges files.
            Global FX 7-10-7
            Global Silver 7-10-7
            Microval PFX
            PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

            Comment


            • #7
              After I got it figured out and "fixed" in place (learned this one the hard way) it's actually pretty darn cool!
              On my end collision detection does not work with these preset fixtures but it's still nice to see them there while programming.

              On a side note, I'm really glad this forum is here. I just don't see how some of us new to programming in pc-dmis could get by without it.
              -Bill

              PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1 - Global Image 7107 - PH10MQ - SP600M

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PowerJunkie View Post
                I'm using the available fixtures pre-loaded. The model is the part model and the fixtures are the pre-loaded Rayco stuff, so it's pretty easy to say I'm using stop R20-752-SO etc. Or did I misunderstand what your saying? I've been known to do that

                Are you aware Rayco is in the process of change all their component part identification numbers?
                B & S XCEL 7-10-7
                Sharpe32 Controller
                PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
                TP20 & TP2 Probes
                Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
                Datapage RT 3.33
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kpayne View Post
                  Are you aware Rayco is in the process of change all their component part identification numbers?
                  WTF? That BITES!!!
                  sigpic
                  Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                  PCDMIS 2012
                  Windows Office XP

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X