Probe stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe stuck!

Probe getting stuck on part when measuring in manual mode.

Equipment includes Brown N Sharp Global Performance, Tesa-M head, TP-20 probe, pc-dmis cad++ 4.something.

Problem; when taking hits manually the probe will often get stuck on the part, and for some stupid reason the only direction the machine will travel is further into the part. Example: if I pull the joystick in the -Y direction the machine will go +X. Is it possible to add a retract to manual hits like in the auto features? The only fix for it so far is to travel ridiculously slow, which makes my thumb cramp on the enable button after about 300 points.

If anyone has the same problem of a fix some feedback would be great, Any info is good. Thanks!
    Pat McSwain
    President
    Quality Inspection, Corona CA

first make sure your "Manretract" is small enough to take hits in smaller holes

second, whenyou get "stuck", you need to cancel the operation, and then you should be able to move in any direction

HTH
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Thanks Bob,

it happens in manual mode also in point only mode, there is no operation to cancel. Auto features in DCC mode work fine no getting stuck there.
      Pat McSwain
      President
      Quality Inspection, Corona CA

Comment

What is happening is that YOU, the operator, are anticipating the touch and are actually trying to RETRACT before contact is made. The machine is still moving in the touch direction due to lag (ever get a LAG error?) so it THINKS it is moving in the direction the JOYSTICK is trying to move it but it is actually still moving in the original direction. SIMPLE FIX: On the joybox, hit the run/hold button so that it is in HOLD mode. THEN, HOLE DOWN the riun/hold button, hold donw the ENABLE button, then move off the part. Sharpe32 controller.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment