Error when indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when indexing

Microxcel pfx, ver 3.5mr2, ph10m, tp20, probe 1x20mm.

Calibration results are ok and Qualification Check is ok but if I measure a point at T1A0B0 in Y then index to 45 or 90 or 105 I get a difference in Y up to 0.0005". I'm deleting the probe file and rebuilding probe now. Anyone got any suggestions as to whats going wrong.
    sigpic
    To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Originally posted by joe.sha View Post
    Microxcel pfx, ver 3.5mr2, ph10m, tp20, probe 1x20mm.

Calibration results are ok and Qualification Check is ok but if I measure a point at T1A0B0 in Y then index to 45 or 90 or 105 I get a difference in Y up to 0.0005". I'm deleting the probe file and rebuilding probe now. Anyone got any suggestions as to whats going wrong.
    What are your machine specs? Have you done an alignment using that 0,0 point THEN check the point using the other tip? Are you doing these checks in DCC mode (manual mode can easily give you that much error and more!).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Had it calibrated a couple of months ago and the max deviation was a couple of microns. I'm measuring these points in DCC. I noticed this problem on prgs that are over five years old, I've setmasters for most parts and the same prgs measures the parts correctly on a Mistral and Global. I haven't aligned to the point Matt I'll try that in the morning. A Mistral gave me the same sort of problem last year and it was faulty reader heads but I know the make up of the reader heads are different on the pfx so I don't know.
      sigpic
      To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment