Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 MR1 released!

Hi all-
    We were just informed that 4.2 MR1 was released.
    http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Versions/v42.htm

Best regards,
    -Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn.Russell; 09-04-2007, 10:49 PM.

I'm downloading it now (are you ready Henger?)...

Has anyone installed it yet?
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! DAN (OH SHUT UP! If they don't know any better by now they deserve "PCDLRN has generated errors and will shut down now.")
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. I will certainly give it a spin.

Jan.
        PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
        Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I've done the nasty, and the one thing that bugged me (no pun intended),was the FCF that wouldn't stay off. they now stay off.

I am now trying my pagination issue.

All in all not too many bugs that I'm complaining about, get it guys?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            I've done the nasty, and the one thing that bugged me (no pun intended),was the FCF that wouldn't stay off. they now stay off.

I am now trying my pagination issue.

All in all not too many bugs that I'm complaining about, get it guys?
            What about those cylinder issues?

Comment

I thought in all of the paid for wisdom, That they were doing away with MR's?!? WTF!
              RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
                I thought in all of the paid for wisdom, That they were doing away with MR's?!? WTF!
                That was last year! At least they are trying to get 4.x right before unleashing 5.0 ! ! ! Thank You Hexagon/Wilcox/B&S ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                  That was last year! At least they are trying to get 4.x right before unleashing 5.0 ! ! ! Thank You Hexagon/Wilcox/B&S ! ! !
                  We'll see about that!
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                    What about those cylinder issues?
                    I seem to remember someone havinga problem with cylinder something, but not me. What was the issue again?
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Here is the list of supposed fixes. Would you consider these minor or major amout of bugs?

Updates and Fixes for 4.2 MR1

To download 4.2 MR1 please visit the Version 4.2 Software Download Page.
                      PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1 contains these problem report fixes:
                      • 247724 - The same point have diferent meas. results
                      • 248468 - I get an error indicating "CAD file could not be read. An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past
                      • 248860 - need to hook generic parser to ip measure, not ip planner its end.
                      • 248870 - SAVE/ALIGNMENT,ML_PCS,ML_PCS.ALN,MACHINETOPARTS is missing after the Import
                      • 248839 - Midplane construction produces undesired plane
                      • 248760 - Inch Units Operation hasa hugh Offsets
                      • 248728 - Regardless of new CCW option, starting and ending angles are getting made 0..360 which causes problems
                      • 248716 - AutoCircle/Cylinder BestFit Math Type not brought in from Legacy programs
                      • 248684 - The optimize path operation doesn’t flip the feature vectors - probe tip errors are the result
                      • 248678 - Can't pick points on the cloud
                      • 248652 - Path optimization sorts the features even when this option is switched off explicitly
                      • 248568 - DMIS dual arm pp doesn’t not import correctly. All commands are assigned to Arm1.
                      • 248557 - Change view in analyse Window object crash PC-DMIS
                      • 248544 - AutoVectorPt: Snap Problem as reported by James Mannes on user forum
                      • 248487 - Application is crashing when deleting commands
                      • 248479 - AutoRoundSlot's angle vector is being solved 90 degrees to what it should be.
                      • 248459 - Target folder for converted hyper reports
                      • 248446 - when I create a new FCF True Position in mm it shows the True position way out, again it looks like it's multiplying the mm dim. by 25.4 to come up with the location.
                      • 248419 - There are some unknown characters when I print the reporting to rtf file
                      • 248389 - AutoCircle: Studs with > 1 sample hits (with no avoidance moves): Errant circular move causing machine to drive off into space
                      • 248376 - Possible vector problem when RMeas feature has sample hits
                      • 248367 - AutoCircle - CCW CW combo is blank
                      • 248354 - pp with big amount of dimension failed
                      • 248292 - The PDF file doesn't show the correct dimension color
                      • 248262 - hyper report rpt files are distroyed after using the v4.2
                      • 248207 - ltvideo2.ocx needs to be included in the install set and registered in the application directory.
                      • 248097 - Error programs sfera85. prg resulted of the sphere non congruent
                      • 248042 - Always the whole CAD assembly is visible in the CAD images of the report window
                      • 247999 - PC-DMIS hangs when opening report window on large report
                      • 247981 - Lower tier of composite true position shows large deviations
                      • 247941 - When they convert their HRs to CRs the former variables and input comments parameters are not converted to the CR
                      • 247939 - After converting their hyper-reports to custom reports the part program executes 1min and 15 sec longer then before.
                      • 247928 - ‘Distance to closest CAD’ overrides ‘Distance to target’ during execution, making ‘Distance to target’ useless.
                      • 247920 - Convert a 3.7MR3 Hyperreport with Analysis Window to Customize Report doesn ´t work
                      • 247889 - Auto Feature: the master and Find Noms was confused ( Chinese and English are same)
                      • 247873 - AutoPlane - Laser - Target XYZ location changes when back saving to 4.1
                      • 247822 - Outside Cylinders using negative spacers and Avoidance Moves can cause the probe to crash
                      • 247637 - AutoEdgePt: with 0 sample hits on the hexblock. The depth is 2. When I execute the feature the hit is measured at a depth of 0.
                      • 247106 - Use CAD provided ID's for Feasture
                      • 246367 - AutoPlane: User-Defined Hits after we've moved the part, Avoidance movement doesn't work correctly
                      • 245116 - Point Clouds executed on Arm2 are not being drawn in the correct coordinates.
                      • 225154 - Selecting the feature TEXT from the CAD window does not select in the FCF.
                      • 247641 - After the alignment translation hits path is out of the Cad model
                      • 248107 - Measured results are modified each time I F9 on an FCF Position
                      • 248496 - AutoCylinder: Z value is incorporating Length in Dimension
                      • 249088 - Report Window ... for a productive use this is not usable.
                      • 249264 - Scans do not have Defined Execution Mode or Boundary Points
                      • 248561 - Print command will not print to PDF and report contains all zeros
                      • 249099 - App is crashing when converting a HR to a custom report
                      • 249137 - Crash when I try to convert a hyper to custom form
                      • 249140 - Can not close a report converted from a legacy report
                      • 249258 - The overwrite and append options forces an index onto the filename.
                      • 249237 - The form is always empty ,after i opened an exist form or create a new form
                      • 249337 - App is crashing when deleting CAD elements
                      • 248521 - They can't place fixtures with more than 12 columns
                      • 249037 - Auto-Sphere doesn't produce the correct diameter, when the hits are manually measured.
                      • 247817 - Autocircle Avoidance moves have fixed (large) distance
                      • 249106 - Measurement target area larger than FOV when measuring manual circle bigger than FOV - On Manual Machine
                      • 249142 - The reporting permanently causes the computers to hang
                      • 249377 - Bestfit with scan
                      • 249387 - Collision detection freezes half way through the process and hangs indefintely
                      • 249418 - PC-DMIS hangs when using a Dtype in the text expression field in the Edit Rule dialog
                      • 242529 - Angularity dimension for a plane displays unspecified projected tolerance zone in report label.
                      • 247955 - Auto insert moves is not working with Heidenhain probes
                      • 247571 - 2D Profile does not show hit targets after first click
                      • 248335 - Template reporting is screen resolution dependent and unusable for them therefore.
                      • 249300 - Serialization errors related to several scan features
                      • 249197 - T-Deviation is incorrect for features with ACTL thickness
                      • 249097 - FOV Cal focus range incorrect
                      • 249509 - Crash when reading optical calibration cert file
                      • 249444 - Probe Readout will not update on PC-DMIS startup without some help
                      • 249382 - The Measured Square slot in QS seems to be broken, it is very unpredictable
                      • 249361 - COP points are not deleted when the corresponding scan command is re-executed on arm2.
                      • 244029 - AutoLine: difficult to change length field in dialog
                      • 247301 - myhasp.dll needs to be copied to the perceptron directory to successfully load contour.dll
                      • 249171 - Problems when working with template ‘audi_a4_2a_pw.rtp’
                      • 249221 - Unable to perform perimeter scan on part
                      • 249265 - Status window display has changed - line is missing
                      • 249439 - Importing a CATPart causes PC-DMIS to Crash
                      • 249521 - Redraw the Report does not work correctly when template includes VARIABLE statement
                      • 245445 - Auto Focus in release build crashes
                      • 249553 - Clicking on targets in probe toolbox changes to the correct illumination, but clicking in the live view doesn't.
                      • 249557 - Section Cut profile is missing in the PDF file
                      • 241006 - Crash during Ring-Light calibration
                      • 245283 - Parfocality : with high calibration, for each step, the first focus use auto illumination, and not the other and the circle measurement
                      • 247184 - Unmarked Hyper-report commands are marked when reopening the pp.
                      • 248107 - The customizations on the tag items in the section cut settings dialog and the resulting image in the report window are out of sync
                      • 249639 - DoNotUse AmyuniRTF=1 causing color change in Report Window
                      • 249648 - Surface selection seems to be random in the UG DCI.
                      • 247260 - Old version of PCDShellextension.dll installed
                      • 248403 - Manual Laser scan, with multiple segments, looses data when done button is pressed
                      • 249550 - Mirrored part programs are not adjusting the AutoCircle Start/End Angles as expected causing machine crashes
                      • 249815 - Unable to register DLL: Dim Analysis Activex.ocx LoadLibrary failed.
                      • 240685 - DMIS imported AutoRoundSlot cannot be measured, bad THEO values
                      • 249615 - CurPage and NumPages are not working in reporting scripting language
                      • 249033 - Report Window does not update as dimension commands are executed
                      • 249712 - Multi-page report with Section Cut displays "No Image"
                      • 249724 - After pressing cancel in the dialog now a cut section object appears in the report.
                      • 249541 - Angle evaluation is incompatible with older versions - signs of evaluations change
                      • 249608 - When inserting text with audi_text.lbl the length is limited
                      • 249963 - VIEWSET functions were never properly implemented
                      • 243428 - Illumination set warning when using subroutine call
                      • 249715 - Progress bar during import of a STEP file
                      • 249894 - STEP imported models are not correct
                      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                        Here is the list of supposed fixes. Would you consider these minor or major amout of bugs?

Updates and Fixes for 4.2 MR1

To download 4.2 MR1 please visit the Version 4.2 Software Download Page.
                        PC-DMIS 4.2 MR1 contains these problem report fixes:
                        • 247724 - The same point have diferent meas. results
                        • 248468 - I get an error indicating "CAD file could not be read. An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past
                        • 248860 - need to hook generic parser to ip measure, not ip planner its end.
                        • 248870 - SAVE/ALIGNMENT,ML_PCS,ML_PCS.ALN,MACHINETOPARTS is missing after the Import
                        • 248839 - Midplane construction produces undesired plane
                        • 248760 - Inch Units Operation hasa hugh Offsets
                        • 248728 - Regardless of new CCW option, starting and ending angles are getting made 0..360 which causes problems
                        • 248716 - AutoCircle/Cylinder BestFit Math Type not brought in from Legacy programs
                        • 248684 - The optimize path operation doesn’t flip the feature vectors - probe tip errors are the result
                        • 248678 - Can't pick points on the cloud
                        • 248652 - Path optimization sorts the features even when this option is switched off explicitly
                        • 248568 - DMIS dual arm pp doesn’t not import correctly. All commands are assigned to Arm1.
                        • 248557 - Change view in analyse Window object crash PC-DMIS
                        • 248544 - AutoVectorPt: Snap Problem as reported by James Mannes on user forum
                        • 248487 - Application is crashing when deleting commands
                        • 248479 - AutoRoundSlot's angle vector is being solved 90 degrees to what it should be.
                        • 248459 - Target folder for converted hyper reports
                        • 248446 - when I create a new FCF True Position in mm it shows the True position way out, again it looks like it's multiplying the mm dim. by 25.4 to come up with the location.
                        • 248419 - There are some unknown characters when I print the reporting to rtf file
                        • 248389 - AutoCircle: Studs with > 1 sample hits (with no avoidance moves): Errant circular move causing machine to drive off into space
                        • 248376 - Possible vector problem when RMeas feature has sample hits
                        • 248367 - AutoCircle - CCW CW combo is blank
                        • 248354 - pp with big amount of dimension failed
                        • 248292 - The PDF file doesn't show the correct dimension color
                        • 248262 - hyper report rpt files are distroyed after using the v4.2
                        • 248207 - ltvideo2.ocx needs to be included in the install set and registered in the application directory.
                        • 248097 - Error programs sfera85. prg resulted of the sphere non congruent
                        • 248042 - Always the whole CAD assembly is visible in the CAD images of the report window
                        • 247999 - PC-DMIS hangs when opening report window on large report
                        • 247981 - Lower tier of composite true position shows large deviations
                        • 247941 - When they convert their HRs to CRs the former variables and input comments parameters are not converted to the CR
                        • 247939 - After converting their hyper-reports to custom reports the part program executes 1min and 15 sec longer then before.
                        • 247928 - ‘Distance to closest CAD’ overrides ‘Distance to target’ during execution, making ‘Distance to target’ useless.
                        • 247920 - Convert a 3.7MR3 Hyperreport with Analysis Window to Customize Report doesn ´t work
                        • 247889 - Auto Feature: the master and Find Noms was confused ( Chinese and English are same)
                        • 247873 - AutoPlane - Laser - Target XYZ location changes when back saving to 4.1
                        • 247822 - Outside Cylinders using negative spacers and Avoidance Moves can cause the probe to crash
                        • 247637 - AutoEdgePt: with 0 sample hits on the hexblock. The depth is 2. When I execute the feature the hit is measured at a depth of 0.
                        • 247106 - Use CAD provided ID's for Feasture
                        • 246367 - AutoPlane: User-Defined Hits after we've moved the part, Avoidance movement doesn't work correctly
                        • 245116 - Point Clouds executed on Arm2 are not being drawn in the correct coordinates.
                        • 225154 - Selecting the feature TEXT from the CAD window does not select in the FCF.
                        • 247641 - After the alignment translation hits path is out of the Cad model
                        • 248107 - Measured results are modified each time I F9 on an FCF Position
                        • 248496 - AutoCylinder: Z value is incorporating Length in Dimension
                        • 249088 - Report Window ... for a productive use this is not usable.
                        • 249264 - Scans do not have Defined Execution Mode or Boundary Points
                        • 248561 - Print command will not print to PDF and report contains all zeros
                        • 249099 - App is crashing when converting a HR to a custom report
                        • 249137 - Crash when I try to convert a hyper to custom form
                        • 249140 - Can not close a report converted from a legacy report
                        • 249258 - The overwrite and append options forces an index onto the filename.
                        • 249237 - The form is always empty ,after i opened an exist form or create a new form
                        • 249337 - App is crashing when deleting CAD elements
                        • 248521 - They can't place fixtures with more than 12 columns
                        • 249037 - Auto-Sphere doesn't produce the correct diameter, when the hits are manually measured.
                        • 247817 - Autocircle Avoidance moves have fixed (large) distance
                        • 249106 - Measurement target area larger than FOV when measuring manual circle bigger than FOV - On Manual Machine
                        • 249142 - The reporting permanently causes the computers to hang
                        • 249377 - Bestfit with scan
                        • 249387 - Collision detection freezes half way through the process and hangs indefintely
                        • 249418 - PC-DMIS hangs when using a Dtype in the text expression field in the Edit Rule dialog
                        • 242529 - Angularity dimension for a plane displays unspecified projected tolerance zone in report label.
                        • 247955 - Auto insert moves is not working with Heidenhain probes
                        • 247571 - 2D Profile does not show hit targets after first click
                        • 248335 - Template reporting is screen resolution dependent and unusable for them therefore.
                        • 249300 - Serialization errors related to several scan features
                        • 249197 - T-Deviation is incorrect for features with ACTL thickness
                        • 249097 - FOV Cal focus range incorrect
                        • 249509 - Crash when reading optical calibration cert file
                        • 249444 - Probe Readout will not update on PC-DMIS startup without some help
                        • 249382 - The Measured Square slot in QS seems to be broken, it is very unpredictable
                        • 249361 - COP points are not deleted when the corresponding scan command is re-executed on arm2.
                        • 244029 - AutoLine: difficult to change length field in dialog
                        • 247301 - myhasp.dll needs to be copied to the perceptron directory to successfully load contour.dll
                        • 249171 - Problems when working with template ‘audi_a4_2a_pw.rtp’
                        • 249221 - Unable to perform perimeter scan on part
                        • 249265 - Status window display has changed - line is missing
                        • 249439 - Importing a CATPart causes PC-DMIS to Crash
                        • 249521 - Redraw the Report does not work correctly when template includes VARIABLE statement
                        • 245445 - Auto Focus in release build crashes
                        • 249553 - Clicking on targets in probe toolbox changes to the correct illumination, but clicking in the live view doesn't.
                        • 249557 - Section Cut profile is missing in the PDF file
                        • 241006 - Crash during Ring-Light calibration
                        • 245283 - Parfocality : with high calibration, for each step, the first focus use auto illumination, and not the other and the circle measurement
                        • 247184 - Unmarked Hyper-report commands are marked when reopening the pp.
                        • 248107 - The customizations on the tag items in the section cut settings dialog and the resulting image in the report window are out of sync
                        • 249639 - DoNotUse AmyuniRTF=1 causing color change in Report Window
                        • 249648 - Surface selection seems to be random in the UG DCI.
                        • 247260 - Old version of PCDShellextension.dll installed
                        • 248403 - Manual Laser scan, with multiple segments, looses data when done button is pressed
                        • 249550 - Mirrored part programs are not adjusting the AutoCircle Start/End Angles as expected causing machine crashes
                        • 249815 - Unable to register DLL: Dim Analysis Activex.ocx LoadLibrary failed.
                        • 240685 - DMIS imported AutoRoundSlot cannot be measured, bad THEO values
                        • 249615 - CurPage and NumPages are not working in reporting scripting language
                        • 249033 - Report Window does not update as dimension commands are executed
                        • 249712 - Multi-page report with Section Cut displays "No Image"
                        • 249724 - After pressing cancel in the dialog now a cut section object appears in the report.
                        • 249541 - Angle evaluation is incompatible with older versions - signs of evaluations change
                        • 249608 - When inserting text with audi_text.lbl the length is limited
                        • 249963 - VIEWSET functions were never properly implemented
                        • 243428 - Illumination set warning when using subroutine call
                        • 249715 - Progress bar during import of a STEP file
                        • 249894 - STEP imported models are not correct
                        I would say that it is a smaller list of FIXES than I have seen for some releases.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I like the very first one "247724 - The same point have diferent meas. results".

Makes you want to go right out and buy a second copy. I wounder if these "prototype" versions with the oopses in them will be collector items one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
                            I like the very first one "247724 - The same point have diferent meas. results".

Makes you want to go right out and buy a second copy. I wounder if these "prototype" versions with the oopses in them will be collector items one day.

I have a large stack of them on pristine discs, how much will you give per version. 3.6 should be the most expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post

At least they are addressing the problems quicker than they used to. Look at how long 3.5 was out before the mr's showed up. And it still wasn't all fixed. That's my impression at least. I'm sure someone can cite and example of how I am wrong though.
                              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment