Find Hole Crashes sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Hole Crashes sometimes

In utilizing "Find hole" Probe approaches hole at movespeed than changes to Touch Speed and feeds a bit (this part looks fine so far) however it than accelerates and crashes. I rebooted everything and Find hole then worked properly. This morning after rebooting everything it crashed again. Is this a bug???? Anyone have this inconsistency?? Any direction is greatly appreciated.
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

Originally posted by Gary Fitzgerald View Post
    In utilizing "Find hole" Probe approaches hole at movespeed than changes to Touch Speed and feeds a bit (this part looks fine so far) however it than accelerates and crashes. I rebooted everything and Find hole then worked properly. This morning after rebooting everything it crashed again. Is this a bug???? Anyone have this inconsistency?? Any direction is greatly appreciated.
    Need more detail. Such as, Which Direction is it crashing in? Does it crash AFTER it finds the Hole or Before?

Find hole works normally for me. 3.73
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Fitzgerald View Post
      Hard to say without more info.

Things to check:

Check distance controls how far into the hole it 'searches'. If it is crashing in the direction of the hole's vector check this. If your hole is supposed to be measured .1 deep and your check is set to .05 it will move slow to .05 and if it doesn't encounter anything it will move fast to .1. I usually set my check to the depth at which I want the hole measured.

If it is crashing in the hit vector direction, check that the diameter is correct.

Another thing that may be problematic is if your hole isn't straight (its vector deviates by quite a bit from nominal).

One more thing having to do with check distance... If you 'search' to .3 but want to measure at .1, I have had it move .3 deep without a problem (very close to a wall) but as it comes up to .1 due to machine inaccuracies (can't move perfectly), it will hit the wall and error.
      Last edited by #2#; 09-04-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment

So this is RESOLVED ? ? ?
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

Yes Thanks
            sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment

So what was it? - Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                So what was it? - Just curious.
                I'm guessing CHECK DISTANCE
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  I'm guessing CHECK DISTANCE
                  That's what I was thinking . . .

sigpic
                  Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                  PCDMIS 2012
                  Windows Office XP

Comment

It was check distance ~ The probe thought it was in the hole and sped up to check dia ~ I am doing a rough Cad tie-in with read point to an "off the table" Aircraft origin and it needed to travel just a bit more to get the surface and continue with the tighter iterative alignment. ~ Thank you: Goodluck ~ Rangerboat72 ~ Mathew D.Hoedeman
                    Last edited by Gary Fitzgerald; 09-10-2007, 12:56 PM.
                    sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment