3.7mr3 vs. 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7mr3 vs. 4.2

Stay where I'm at or move on? This true postion crap in 3.7 is getting on my nerves. I can't use all my MMC without screwing everything up.
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Stay!

Comment

Well, I can't say as I haven't used 4.2. I can say, however, that if you do decide to move on, do the following.

Copy all your programs and set up a directory structure for your existing programs. So, now you have two copies of all your programs. One set of programs can be converted up to 4.2 for trial purposes. The other set should remain unconverted. You should leave 3.7mr3 on the computer and that way, you can run those unconverted programs in 3.7mr3. You should do likewise with probe files as well but be aware that you will need to make sure you are looking in the correct directory for the correct version probe file.

Doing that will allow you to still check parts if for some reason the program that has been converted to 4.2 doesn't work. You will be able to run existing programs in 3.7 and fiddle around with 4.2 as you have time.

Comment

4.1 resolves some of the issues that are still in 3.7mr3

4.2 has some issues that I don't care for

go to 4.1
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

I worked with V4.2 last week while at a sister plant and liked what I saw. It took some getting used to the probe tool box and some of the pull downs have changed but over the look and feel was good. I am seriously think of upgrading our CMM to V4.2.
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Stay
            Lately, it occurs to me
            What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment