3.7Mr3 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7Mr3 Upgrade

Hey Yall, Ever since I upgraded to 3.7mr3 My move points have been changing or should I say the are not recording properly. The coordinates for the move points are off the map!!! When I type in the proper coords it ok!! I was wondering if any users have had this problem ? First time I have seen this thru any of the diff versions I have tried!! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    sigpic

Haven't seen that myself. IS IT possible that you have IGNORE CAD=PART marked maybe?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Are you using programs written in an older version? I have seen a lot of weird stuff with old programs coming into 3.7. In most cases deleting the problem and recreating the item, (feature, dim, movepoint, etc) will solve the problem. HTH (Hope This Helps)
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Are these movepoints in existing programs or new ones. I think you are saying when you insert a movepoint (ctrl+m, print button, or from the menu) they are inserting with unbelievable values. You then go back and edit them to what you want.

Do those unbelievable values match what is in the probe readout window for position of the probe when you insert the movepoint?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          Haven't seen that myself. IS IT possible that you have IGNORE CAD=PART marked maybe?
          Thanks Matt Ignore cad=part was not checked. Good thought though!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
            Are you using programs written in an older version? I have seen a lot of weird stuff with old programs coming into 3.7. In most cases deleting the problem and recreating the item, (feature, dim, movepoint, etc) will solve the problem. HTH (Hope This Helps)
            New Programs I do the same with deleating and recreating features Mp etc.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              Are these movepoints in existing programs or new ones. I think you are saying when you insert a movepoint (ctrl+m, print button, or from the menu) they are inserting with unbelievable values. You then go back and edit them to what you want.

Do those unbelievable values match what is in the probe readout window for position of the probe when you insert the movepoint?
              Yes that is what I am saying .Readout window was the first thing I checked. Move points in code did not match readout window .I verified readouts where correct. By placing tip over my 0,0 origin
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
                Yes that is what I am saying .Readout window was the first thing I checked. Move points in code did not match readout window .I verified readouts where correct. By placing tip over my 0,0 origin
                How unbelievable are the numbers? I am curious if it is using machine coordinates instead of current alignment coordinates for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                  How unbelievable are the numbers? I am curious if it is using machine coordinates instead of current alignment coordinates for some reason.
                  Yeah at the time when it first happend I thought the same thing. It was not coming off machine coords because part was placed approx 8 inches in y from home pos y read 63 inches
                  Last edited by AJHVW93; 08-29-2007, 06:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
                    Yeah at the time when it first happend I thought the same thing. It was not coming off machine coords because part was placed approx 8 inches in y from home pos y read 63 inches
                    Are you sure it is reporting inches and not mm? I wonder if there is a setting in F5 or somewhere that is causing your problems. If your SMA is current, then give them a call. It could be more of a hardware than a software problem.
                    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                      Are you sure it is reporting inches and not mm? I wonder if there is a setting in F5 or somewhere that is causing your problems. If your SMA is current, then give them a call. It could be more of a hardware than a software problem.
                      I was wondering if someone was going to suggest that possibly it was reading in metric ? 63.000=2.4803 part was at least 8 inches from mach coords and no way was it 2.4803 from part in y it was about .150 SMA is current I will give em a call. I Like dealing with the cmm heads here on the forum. ( THE GUYS AND I BETTER INCLUDE GALS IN THE TRENCHES!!!) I will check settings and see if there is some sort of conflict going on!! Thanks for all ur help!!
                      Last edited by AJHVW93; 08-29-2007, 06:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment