measured 6 Auto Feature holes in a bolt circle
    constructed a Feature Set with those 6 holes

BOLTCIR =FEAT/SET,RECT
    THEO/0,0,0,0,0,1
    ACTL/-0.02,-0.01,0,0,0,-1
    CONSTR/SET,BASIC,CIR1,CIR2,CIR3,CIR4,CIR5,CIR6,,

dimensioned Feature Set as True Position

problem:
    Yesteday the report showed the size and tolerance of the holes, the positions to the basic dimensions, and the XY locations with the deviation from the nominal. Today only the size and tolerance of the holes is displayed. I tried to create the True Position again (FCFLOC3) and only get the size of the holes, not even the tolerance. The Advanced tab in TP has "Both" selected for "Report Textual Analysis". A Windows re-boot had no effect. The difference in the code is in the line before PRIMARY DIMENSION/.... I can not edit the code and can't find any differences in the selections of the True Position window.

FCFLOC3 = TRUE POSITION OF BOLTCIR
    FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=NO,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
    CADGRAPH=OFF REPORTGRAPH=OFF TEXT=BOTH MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH UNITS=MM
    COMPOSITE=NO,FIT TO DATUMS=NO,OUTPUT ALIGNMENT=Datum Reference Frame
    NOTE/6,DIAMETER,10.5
    PRIMARY DIMENSION/TRUE POSITION,DIAMETER,0.2,<MC>,A,<dat>,<dat>
    SECONDARY DIMENSION/<Dim>,<tol>,<MC>,<PZ>,<len>,<dat>,<dat>,<dat>
    NOTE/FCFLOC3
    FEATURES/BOLTCIR,,

COMMENT/REPT,Position of 6 Bolt Holes

FCFLOC1 = TRUE POSITION OF BOLTCIR FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=NO,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
    SIZE TOLERANCES/6,DIAMETER,10.5,0.15,0.15
    PRIMARY DIMENSION/TRUE POSITION,DIAMETER,.2,<MC>,A,B,<MC>,<dat>
    NOTE/FCFLOC1
    FEATURES/BOLTCIR,,
    I finally copied the entire program, started a new one and pasted everthing in. No change in the new True Position (FCFLOC3), but the original one got back the data that was missing on the report, and then some. Now I can't get rid of the extra data. It's taking up more than a page to display all of the hit data for every hit on every circle! The code still looks the same. Any ideas?

FCFLOC1 = TRUE POSITION OF BOLTCIR FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWNOMS=NO,SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
    SIZE TOLERANCES/6,DIAMETER,10.5,0.15,0.15
    PRIMARY DIMENSION/TRUE POSITION,DIAMETER,.2,<MC>,A,B,<MC>,<dat>
    NOTE/FCFLOC1
    FEATURES/BOLTCIR,,
    sigpicDigital 3D photography :cool:
    PC-DMIS CAD++ v2014 SP1 -- Windows 7 -- Mitutoyo Bright 707 :rolleyes: PC-DMIS Vision 2014.1 -- Optiv Performance 664

Your using the "Xactmeasure" type of TP reporting huh?

Thatis where you call out your datums to make a little Feature Control Frame to be displayed on your report.

Go to INSERT|DIMENSION| USE LEGACY DIMENSION and check it.

Or, if able move up to 4.2. It is fixed in 4.2.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

You probably have changed your Report template?

That is a known bug in V4.1, PN244102. It is fixed in V4.2.

Only solution: go back to the standard .RPT and .LBL files and use them unchanged. That fixes the problem.

This is probably the single most important reason I had to upgrade to V4.2....

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Just as a word of caution.

DO NOT define a "feature set" as a Datum with v4.1. Otherwise kiss your program goodbye, since PCDMIS will delete everything in between your datum definition and your TP dimension using it. I think it was originally meant as an enhancement, but never made it into the help file.

Best of luck

Use v4.2 if you need that sort of thing. You'll just have other bugs to figure out solutions to.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment

Don't make the features a set for positioning them. Position them individually.
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Thanks for the good (and quick) advice! I was using a custom report template, and I've changed it back to the default. I didn't know that there was a choice in dimensioning in v4.1 other than what was given. I've heard of Legacy Dimensions but didn't know how to use it. That was easy!
            sigpicDigital 3D photography :cool:
            PC-DMIS CAD++ v2014 SP1 -- Windows 7 -- Mitutoyo Bright 707 :rolleyes: PC-DMIS Vision 2014.1 -- Optiv Performance 664

Comment

If you go back to the standard template you can still use the XactMeasure GD&T. The problem only comes when you use custom templates.

Again, if you really need to use the custom template, you have to go to V4.2...

Jan.

Comment

4.2 CAD++ patched Fixed it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                  If you go back to the standard template you can still use the XactMeasure GD&T. The problem only comes when you use custom templates.

Again, if you really need to use the custom template, you have to go to V4.2...

Jan.
                  Come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7.......
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                    Come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7.......
                    I am starting to feel the force. After a long bad section day, I need a cold one. Is there a cold 3.7 release, or are they all really hot?

Comment