Adding a Section to a V4.2 Report template: it causes a pcdlrn error for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Section to a V4.2 Report template: it causes a pcdlrn error for me.

Is there anybody out there that has added an additional section to a standard V4.2 report template?

I was able to do that easily in off-line mode. Made some slick CAD views. It all looked promising. Was able to execute it in off-line mode. So I thought that I was all set.

Then when the code executed though NC, it keeps getting the dreaded pcdlrn run time error. I keep getting this error until I eliminate the Section from the Report Template. Very disappointing....

So my question is: has anybody tried this (adding a section to a standard RPT like TEXTONLY.RPT) and were you successful in on-line running this on your CMM? If so, then this may be an NC Server issue. Or is it a reported bug for all you 4heads out there?

Thanks, Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

I did not see any problems modifying mine Jan. What exactly are you adding to your template? Sounds like more than just CAD views.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
      I did not see any problems modifying mine Jan. What exactly are you adding to your template? Sounds like more than just CAD views.
      I go to the report template editor (File/Reporting/Edit/Report Template), pull up my TEXTONLY.RPT and scroll all the way down to the bottom. On the bottom there is a TAB calles "TheView0" in my case. I right click on that and press "Insert". This inserts an additional TAB called "Section2". Then I save and go back to the program.

Never any problem in off-line mode. But when I run it through NC Server, it hangs up.

By the way: I do not have an on-line CMM to try this on.... I am the only demon-user in our plant and I run only machine tools. About 12 of them right now...

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
        I go to the report template editor (File/Reporting/Edit/Report Template), pull up my TEXTONLY.RPT and scroll all the way down to the bottom. On the bottom there is a TAB calles "TheView0" in my case. I right click on that and press "Insert". This inserts an additional TAB called "Section2". Then I save and go back to the program.

Never any problem in off-line mode. But when I run it through NC Server, it hangs up.

By the way: I do not have an on-line CMM to try this on.... I am the only demon-user in our plant and I run only machine tools. About 12 of them right now...

Jan.
        Come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7 (buuuaaaahhhhh)
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          Come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7, come back to V3.7 (buuuaaaahhhhh)
          And end up looking like you??? No way... I can't imagine anyone volunteering for that!!!!

I like the polished "no hair - high blood pressure - trembling in frustration - 4head" look.

Bruuuuhahahahaha!

Comment

I don't use v4.2 and don't use NC either but I can try doing that to see what I get here.
            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
              I don't use v4.2 and don't use NC either but I can try doing that to see what I get here.
              This is a screen shot of what gets me in trouble all the time. Just adding that Section2 does the trick.

Jan.
              Attached Files

Comment