Stability study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability study

I anyone out there doing Stability studies on their CMM's?

Same thing as running a master part weekly/monthly or a ball bar. I do it on the B&S training block and I know other do the same witht "master" parts.
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
      Same thing as running a master part weekly/monthly or a ball bar. I do it on the B&S training block and I know other do the same witht "master" parts.

Yes but you chart this for your X,Y & Z.

Comment

dump it into any stats progam and watch for variation.
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
          dump it into any stats progam and watch for variation.
          Along with that you place it in different locations each time. The new location should change for each of the axis, at least one axis per run. But your part alignment axis should always be the same. I am trying to come up with a random number generator that will allow the program to tell the operator where to place the part for each run. This way not only will the part always be moved around the table but if all works as I plan it will not need to have any manual alignment.
          Instead it will use the random numbers to tell both the operator and the CMM where on and or above the "RAYCO" plate the part is.

I have mine automated to the point now it is giving the operator instructions on where to place standoffs and after each run the program opens up a EXCEL sheet where I click on a button and the X,Y and Z are pulled into it. From there another sheet charts the info.

As my machine does not read temperature I do enter that manually.

We are looking at getting a second machine. My hope is that it will have TEMP COMP. and that I will be able some how to pull the temp right off the machine at the time of the run and have that added directly onto the chart also.

I have not heard much about TEMP COMP. does anyone know if this can be automatically output into a report? Or accessed for any external use?

Comment