PC-Demons message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-Demons message?

On start up sometimes I get this message? After is asks which probe. TCP/IP Commonication Failed Switch to RS-232? Ver 4.2
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

That's an idicator that you lost the loving feeling bewteen your computer and the controller on the ethernet link. It is stil connected via the RS232 cable so it could continue to work. Shutdown reboot all is good.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Press your Mach Start button if you have one.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Did you check your SCROLL LOCK button?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

James it happens after I reboot
          Underspec, it happens just before I have to do a Mach Start
          Matt, always words of wisdom

Comment

Hi Paul ;

If you are using SP25 probe , keep to use TCP/IP connection and the address should be 204.17.113.169 as I remember. If not , simply disconnect LAN cable from the pc side and continue your job.

And , go to Edit-Prefences-Machine Interface Setup If "use tcp...." is already checked. If you are using only RS232 , it should be un-checked.

The last thing , go to Edit-Prefences-Machine Interface Setup "read machine defaults on startup..." (or something similar) should be un-checked.

Hope this helps
            Saliha
            sigpic
            Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Saliha View Post
              Hi Paul ;

If you are using SP25 probe , keep to use TCP/IP connection and the address should be 204.17.113.169 as I remember. If not , simply disconnect LAN cable from the pc side and continue your job.

And , go to Edit-Prefences-Machine Interface Setup If "use tcp...." is already checked. If you are using only RS232 , it should be un-checked.

The last thing , go to Edit-Prefences-Machine Interface Setup "read machine defaults on startup..." (or something similar) should be un-checked.

Hope this helps
              Saliha
              Thanks I will check.

Hey girl its been awhile. How you been? Done any swimming in the Ocean this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                Hey girl its been awhile. How you been? Done any swimming in the Ocean this summer?
                Not yet but after 2 weeks , I'll be off for 3 weeks , I'm planning to swim from the rising of the sun until midnight
                sigpic
                Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment