Windows Vista Compatability

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windows Vista Compatability

    I have been searching and am unable to find an answer to the question of; Will PC-DMIS run on Windows Vista? I am wanting to install my offline version of PC-DMIS CAD 4.1 on to a new Laptop that runs Windows Vista. Any info will be appreciated!
    The older I get the better I was!

  • #2
    Try it and let us know... we expect a full range report.
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

    Comment


    • #3
      OK, I'll be the Guinea Pig! I'll get back with the results by next week.
      The older I get the better I was!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, I just got a PC for my youngest kid last night, he starts high school next week and i staking computer classes right from the start. The old, Windoze 98SE and 400 speed CPU probably wouldn't keep up with what he has to do. And, all new PC's come with that garbage Vista, I wish I could have gotten one with 2000 or XP instead. I sure hope they never try Vista here at work! "If you started this program, click CONTNUE to run it or click cancel" WTF????
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just don't show your kid how to surf forums.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            Yeah, I just got a PC for my youngest kid last night, he starts high school next week and i staking computer classes right from the start. The old, Windoze 98SE and 400 speed CPU probably wouldn't keep up with what he has to do. And, all new PC's come with that garbage Vista, I wish I could have gotten one with 2000 or XP instead. I sure hope they never try Vista here at work! "If you started this program, click CONTNUE to run it or click cancel" WTF????
            Get one online. Like TigerDirect.com or somewhere.
            sigpic GDTPS - 0584

            Comment


            • #7
              Why would a kid in school need a 64bit operating system?
              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

              Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
                Get one online. Like TigerDirect.com or somewhere.
                Kind of late for that now. Got one with 160G hard drive, 1G ram, DVD-CD +/- R/RW, 3800+ AMD 64 CPU, 17" flat screen monitor, printer and 3-year all-but-virus warrantee for $580. AND the service for the warrentee work is less then 5 miles from home, no waiting for them to 'get around to it' to show up.

                I could probably find all the drivers eneded and put on older version on there if I really tried hard, but that IS a pain in the a$$.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                  Why would a kid in school need a 64bit operating system?
                  If you go to a store and buy a PC, all they HAVE is Vista. It is a microsoft conspiracy, I'm telling you!

                  His first term he is going right into VB (I think, I don't have the schedule with me). I thought that was kind of 'up there' for 9th graders, but hey, what-the-he11 do I know, eh? Of course, I don't know how I'll get VB on the thing, I don't know if they have temporary licence installs for the kids at home, but there are 'term papers' and other stuff that he will need to do and that old PC has been around for a few years and has issues.

                  AND, this one is not even going to be connected to the internet, booger-boy, so no forums for him (just p0rn!).
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is anyone really happy with Vista??? Other being a resource hog, are there any benefits over XP?

                    A.Gore
                    sigpicA.Gore

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ag162 View Post
                      Is anyone really happy with Vista??? Other being a resource hog, are there any benefits over XP?

                      A.Gore
                      None that I have seen, but then I only messed with it for a couple hours last night. I really like the fact that just about everytime you start an app, it asks you if YOU started that app and if you want it to run or not.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                        If you go to a store and buy a PC, all they HAVE is Vista. It is a microsoft conspiracy, I'm telling you!

                        His first term he is going right into VB (I think, I don't have the schedule with me). I thought that was kind of 'up there' for 9th graders, but hey, what-the-he11 do I know, eh? Of course, I don't know how I'll get VB on the thing, I don't know if they have temporary licence installs for the kids at home, but there are 'term papers' and other stuff that he will need to do and that old PC has been around for a few years and has issues.

                        AND, this one is not even going to be connected to the internet, booger-boy, so no forums for him (just p0rn!).
                        I like that!! Hopefully he has a decent teacher and not some loser that just got assigned this class.

                        Go to this website for educational software if needed.

                        www.journeyed.com
                        They have great prices for students.
                        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There are tons of VB forums out there. Let me know if he wants some recommendations. Also you can get a VB.net express version for free from Microsoft. Let me know what comes up and if he needs anything. Sounds cool he is learning something about it in school, like J said I hope it's not some schlub.
                          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                            There are tons of VB forums out there. Let me know if he wants some recommendations. Also you can get a VB.net express version for free from Microsoft. Let me know what comes up and if he needs anything. Sounds cool he is learning something about it in school, like J said I hope it's not some schlub.
                            Ya got a link for the VB.net thing (and does it work on Vista)?
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                              Ya got a link for the VB.net thing (and does it work on Vista)?
                              Here is where you can get it from Microsoft. I'm not going to say it works on Vista but I'd think it should.
                              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X