Tip Angle variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Angle variation

I'm creating a program to check tip angle variation on a calibration tool. I'm seeing up to .00028" in variation on location. Does anyone have a similar program? And what are you getting?

I'm using A0B0 to set location with 30 hits and 3 levels. Check A90B0, A90B90, A90B-90, and A90B180.
    Last edited by Underspec; 08-27-2007, 04:49 PM.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
    I'm creating a program to check tip angle variation on a calibration tool. I'm seeing up to .00028" in variation on location. Does anyone have a similar program? And what are you getting?

I'm using A0B0 to set location with 30 hits and 3 levels. Check A90B0, A90B90, A90B-90, and A90B180.
    You probably know what I will say.....
    What is your machine specs for repeatability and accuracy?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I'm using a B&S Global Advantage 12-30-10. I'm not really sure on the specs and can't find anything no their website on the repeatability. Let me look some more.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

It should tell you on your certs for the machine the last time it was cal..

Comment

I run one similar to that but use 11 hits with 3 levels on the ball to set my origin and then 11 hits with 3 levels for each of the angles I check (4 at 90°) for a quick reference check and very seldom go over .00015" on any of the probes.
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment