Stuck in Execute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in Execute?

I just started programming on a new machine running 4.2, and while executing a portion of code, I cancelled the operation. PC-DMIS never returned to the normal "programming view" i'm accustomed to, just a graphic display window. I did the normal shut everything down and restart tactic, and now any program I start or create comes up with that view.

Even when I open up the edit window it's a sad remnant of what it was, just a couple commands. I know my program is there because summary mode shows my features and I also have my CAD model with all IDs, I just have no way to program anything now.

I have seen this occasionally and if I remember correctly I saved a copy, closed the copy opened the copy and everything was there. I'm only advocating doing this w/ a copy just in case it doesn't work out.
    sigpic 1.61803399Δ
    ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Everything appears to still be there and any program I open or create comes up in this same screen. I looks like execute mode without the cancel,continue,hold,skip box.

Comment

Have you rebooted? Do you have a current SMA?
        sigpic 1.61803399Δ
        ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

I suggest a shutdown/restart and see if the problem continues

Comment

I've shut everything down and turned it back on, created a new program and it started out in this faux execute mode, though not actually executing anything. This happens with every program I attempt to open.

Comment

Did you try deleting/renaming "gbarstate.dat" and/or "executebarstate.dat"?

Comment

I figured it out, it wasn't actually in execute mode, it just resembled it because all of the settings carried over into program mode. Weird glitch, I won't blame it on 4.2 until it happens again thought.

Comment