1x20 probe works mint......... .3x10 not so much! help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1x20 probe works mint......... .3x10 not so much! help!

We're having another problem with the cmm here. The program runs a 1x20 probe just fine but when it switches to the smaller probe its all screwed up. I put in an alignment for the small probe and it runs that fine but when I do an auto feature for a hole the thing goes to the other side of the table!!!!! My boss said he had a problem simular to this before and he had to delete a dll(?) or ini file by going in thru explorer.... anyone have any ideas? thanks

Before you go deleting anything...

Try re-calibrating both probes to make sure they are properly related.

Try a complete shutdown and re-boot.

I'd venture that if either of those doesn't fix it, there is something hiding in the program somewhere that is screwing it up.

Comment

WGS

I think that the two probes are not properly related
      sigpic 1.61803399Δ
      ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

WTS.

Plus, if your boss is deleting .dll files and .ini files then you might want to consider banning him from the PC.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Post some code of the probe switch and the features in question. I am almost certain it's an alignment or code issue.
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chainfeed View Post
            We're having another problem with the cmm here. The program runs a 1x20 probe just fine but when it switches to the smaller probe its all screwed up. I put in an alignment for the small probe and it runs that fine but when I do an auto feature for a hole the thing goes to the other side of the table!!!!! My boss said he had a problem simular to this before and he had to delete a dll(?) or ini file by going in thru explorer.... anyone have any ideas? thanks

What are you trying to do. Do you need a different probe in the program. Are you using a tp20 or tp 200. A little more info please....
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

tp20... and yes the program uses two different probes.

Comment

Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
                WGS

I think that the two probes are not properly related
                doesnt matter since I put in a seperate alignment for the second probe

Comment

So you are saying that you have captured features w/ the 3x10, do an alignment and then the probe takes off?
                  sigpic 1.61803399Δ
                  ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Did you insert a load probe command in the program for the 2nd probe...just guessing here
                    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

What Version are you running? Had the same problem (rare)in 3.7 mr2 Known Bug!! Rebuild your probe file this should correct your Problem
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slesholdofthreep View Post
                        So you are saying that you have captured features w/ the 3x10, do an alignment and then the probe takes off?
                        yah thats what it was it was doing... I deleted the part of the program that used to the second probe and started over again,,,, so far it seems to be working alright.

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                          Did you insert a load probe command in the program for the 2nd probe...just guessing here
                          yep

Comment

Originally posted by chainfeed View Post
                            yah thats what it was it was doing... I deleted the part of the program that used to the second probe and started over again,,,, so far it seems to be working alright.
                            I did the same thing when I has this problem. Deleting that part of the program was a temporary fix. MEANING IT WOULD RUN ONCE JUST FINE! RAN THE PROGRAM AGAIN AND OFF IT WENT. Run your program several times!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
                              I did the same thing when I has this problem. Deleting that part of the program was a temporary fix. MEANING IT WOULD RUN ONCE JUST FINE! RAN THE PROGRAM AGAIN AND OFF IT WENT. Run your program several times!!!
                              lol I just found that out! I had already been through most of the features (all working fine) when I added one more point it wouldnt go to it when I'd trying running it..... What did you do? Just start the whole program over? I'm too pissed to mess with it for now, I have 20 inspection report to put together with another program using the same tip............. and its working fine! ha

Comment